• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JUST Received our Group Buy Sea Dek Platform kit and installed!

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks to @JetBoatPilot and his crew for getting the order out quickly and what a great product! We love the Dual Density Pads on the top deck, the whole kit is quite the upgrade and very easy to install took about an hour especially after watching the videos and using the eraser wheel. Thanks to this wonderful board full of great advice and the group buy!

Before
20171004_095353.jpg

After the eraser wheel
20171004_105627.jpg
ALL DONE and she POPS now!
20171005_134511.jpg
another view
20171005_134535.jpg
Emma Approves!
20171005_134919.jpg

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks great! I like the dual density pad. I think the normal sea deck should not come with the thin black beveled band around the pad, I've notice on my swim platform that it susceptible to tearing around that thin band and it drives me nuts. It makes it stand out but perhaps keeping the outer band thicker it would not tear as much and might also help with the light amplification issue.

Yamahasx190_2017

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This looks amazing! What do you have I would love to put this on my sx 190. Where did you get it? How much?

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think they will have another round next year around this time

Yamahasx190_2017

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow that sucks. Where do they announce this? I can't miss the next around.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
usually there is banner on the very top + a disgussion. If you click on RECENT POSTS you will not miss it.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

jwildone

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@FLBulldogger great thread! Mine came in today. Did you do your cockpit too? If so, how did you remove your seats? The screws attached to the deck or is there a way to leave the seatpost attached and simply lift the seat off?

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@jwildone no didnt get to the cockpit or the inside of the boat, if we end up keeping the boat (already looking at a 24 footer) :) we will definitely do the floor and cockpit. But we did add the front sections of seadek here are some pic for ideas. Here's a link for the screw holes https://jetboaters.net/threads/3m-4000-4200-or-5200-for-filling-carpet-snap-screw-holes.10445/ if you decide to do the cockpit. Hope this helps you will really enjoy the seadek...if @haknslash is monitoring the thread he has some great ideas and projects....

Attachments

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@jwildone you can simply remove the seat and post. You will need to in order to install the piece under the seat. All you need to do is loosen the black knob all the way until it stops then wiggle and pull up on the seat. It will eventually slide up. All the knob does is push against a tab in the collar of the seat base so that when you tighten the knob it applies pressure against the pole base. Here are some pics I just took for you.

IMG_7590.JPG IMG_7591.JPG IMG_7592.JPG

jwildone

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
WOW!! You're awesome man :) Thank you so much. I loosened it all the way and wiggled it, but didn't try hard enough. Now I know. Thank you!!

jwildone

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@jwildone no didnt get to the cockpit or the inside of the boat, if we end up keeping the boat (already looking at a 24 footer) :) we will definitely do the floor and cockpit. But we did add the front sections of seadek here are some pic for ideas. Here's a link for the screw holes https://jetboaters.net/threads/3m-4000-4200-or-5200-for-filling-carpet-snap-screw-holes.10445/ if you decide to do the cockpit. Hope this helps you will really enjoy the seadek...if @haknslash is monitoring the thread he has some great ideas and projects....
Thank you man! I'm working on the cockpit this week, I got everything except for the top deck of the swim platform. I'm waiting on SeaDek to replace their dual density machine. I've already paid for the dual density, but they were having problems with adhering the softer material to the harder material. I'll post some pictures to this thread when I'm done.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
WOW!! You're awesome man :) Thank you so much. I loosened it all the way and wiggled it, but didn't try hard enough. Now I know. Thank you!!
Just be sure your swivel and slide is NOT engaged and you install it the same way you took it out. When I was reinstalling my seat I somehow got my swivel engaged and now my seat is freaking stuck lol. Just my luck https://jetboaters.net/threads/removed-my-seat-and-now-its-stuck.16428/

Edit - got it unstuck. If you ever have the same issue I explain how I fixed it on the second page of that thread.

Last edited:

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My wife greenlighted the Seadek but unfortunately it was after the group buy was over. I’ll definitely be interested when/if this comes around next year.

I just can’t decide on the color.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My wife greenlighted the Seadek but unfortunately it was after the group buy was over. I’ll definitely be interested when/if this comes around next year.

I just can’t decide on the color.
He usually does them around September towards the end of boating season. Glad you got the green light lol. SeaDek is my favorite mod!

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It is definitely a huge improvement over the carpet. I’m always jealous of member’s boats with it installed, and will have a hard time waiting till the end of the season to order it...

jwildone

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I recently purchased mine at a 15% discount they were running a special on their site. That might pop up again.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That would be enough to avoid the wait