• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just switched it up!

Nate Fallow

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hello fellow boaters! Just an fyi for someone who might be looking to switch it up....2019 Year end models are sitting around dealers are becoming more and more motivated to move inventory. I just switched out of my 2013 212x to the 2019 212x..They gave me great money for my 2013 (that quite honestly had some issues) and the knocked 7k off the msrp. I figured I was gonna have to drop 4-5k into my 2013 over the winter so for me this was a no brainer. Happy hunting!! 106594

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I received an email a few weeks ago from my dealer, offering pretty good price discounts and supposedly good trade in-values. I just have too much going on right now to try to deal with upgrading our boat. Glad someone was able to take advantage of a good time of year to upgrade!

Wonder if Yamaha has over-estimated the number of boats to build, so they have to offer bigger discounts than usual due to a higher amount of inventory than usual?

Nate Fallow

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Not sure on the over production but I couldn't pass up the deal...Especially since I was gonna have to throw money into the boat over the winter. I did manage to get the new one out on the water just before the colder weather started rolling in (we are hot weather boaters around our house). I bought my previous boat used and I must say that there is a certain piece of mind when purchasing it new....of course it's more money, but worth it in my opinion.

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Not sure on the over production but I couldn't pass up the deal...Especially since I was gonna have to throw money into the boat over the winter. I did manage to get the new one out on the water just before the colder weather started rolling in (we are hot weather boaters around our house). I bought my previous boat used and I must say that there is a certain piece of mind when purchasing it new....of course it's more money, but worth it in my opinion.
Nice. Are we allowed to know the $$$ of said deal that you got?

Nate Fallow

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sure! The MSRP was 62 I think and I know that most dealers charge a bunch of extra "junk fees" like 1,500 destination fee, 250 doc fee, this and that BS fee.... So I figure that the pre tax typical total would be around 65k. I payed 54k before trade in. Pretty good I thought.

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sure! The MSRP was 62 I think and I know that most dealers charge a bunch of extra "junk fees" like 1,500 destination fee, 250 doc fee, this and that BS fee.... So I figure that the pre tax typical total would be around 65k. I payed 54k before trade in. Pretty good I thought.
Not bad. What did you get for your trade in?

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
29K on the trade...which I thought was pretty good for sure.
That’s a good trade in value! I was offered less than that on a 2015 212X with 80 hours on it earlier this year. I didn’t take it, and to be honest I was a little insulted by the number.

Nate Fallow

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yeah...see you have to watch it when it comes to trade in value. I had one clown dealer try to give me 12k for my boat....I hung up on him immediately. Plus the trade in value from the place I bought it from helped take away some of the tax burden on the new boat. I just kept calling around until I found a dealer relatively close to me that wanted to deal. I ended up driving 2 hours north to Michigan but I saved thousands over what local dealers were wanting to give. Worth it in my opinion...

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks to you, I looked at the price of my boat lol. I gotta say, I can't put a price on the fun we've had with it this year, but I'll try to remember this if/when the time comes to trade in for a newer model