• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Keel Plate Removal/Replacement

Ehren

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I have a 2017 FSH Deluxe and I am looking for some advice from folks that have flush mounted their fish finder Transducer on the aluminum Keel Plate. I have the TotalScan model of transducer.

Has anyone completely removed this plate to facilitate the installation of their Transducer?

Were there any surprises or items to be watchful of?

Were there any specific torque specifications that need to be adhered to when reassembling?

Please feel free to share any pics you have related to this post...

H2O Life

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Hi new to the forum, and just got my Deluxe 3 weeks ago. I didn't remove mine, just added to it.... tried it out yesterday and it works great! I just couldn't bring myself to drilling any holes yet!! I got the angles from Lowes and cut them down, added the standoff's for the 2 bolts going through the Keel Plate, got some SS M8 1.25x 70 bolts from Grainger to replace the 40mm bolts that I pulled ou, . I drilled out the drain plug from my old VXR and ran the plug and wire through it and sealed it. Right now I just have an EcoMap 44DV, and will eventually upgrade, so I didn't want to make any major mods just yet. Oh, and I plan on doing a bit more shaping on the brackets when I get some bad weather, so don't be too critical lol!
IMG_0021.JPG IMG_0023.JPG IMG_0025.JPG IMG_0026.JPG

darkpints

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello. I used H2O Life's mounting and it works great, thanks! You don't have to completely remove the keel plate to do this, but I have removed the keel plate to replace my steering cable. When I disconnected the jet nozzle and removed the 4 bolts, the plate was still stuck on the hull due to sealant around the 4 bolt holes. After carefully determining there were no more fasteners to remove, a couple good whacks with a rubber mallet broke it free. Don't know about torque, but make sure you replace the sealant and use thread lock when reinstalling.