• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Keep it? Sell it?

bigwaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought my new 2020 AR190 right before the Wuhan Plague in early March. Dealer did not have the cover, spare tire and mount. I told the dealer to just keep it in their storage until they had received everything then I would pick it up. I also had the dealer install a nice Simrad chart plotter while I waited for Yamaha to ship the other stuff to the dealer. I just picked the boat up a couple of weeks ago from the dealer. I found a high and dry that wasn’t full to keep it in last week. I’m not dealing with any boat ramp drama and hours to off load and load up.

Anyway, the boat is still on the trailer at home. At this point in this very strange and different season I’m thinking about waiting until next season or maybe selling. I have my Formula in the water which is taking care of my boating itch so far.7C85EF46-21CF-4054-8BEF-AD0918DDE1C7.jpeg

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
We just bought ours a couple weeks ago, I am guessing I could make a couple grand if I sold it. It’s tempting to think about!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Either sell it and break even or get few bucks more for it..... But then you will be paying more for a new one in a couple years. Or keep it and if prices go up as anticipated you are ahead of normal depreciation.

SamN44

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sell it if you aren't in love with it. Life's too short to hang on to toys you don't want. If you haven't used the boat in a month since you got it, it's not meant to be.

bigwaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why did you buy it? Seems I’m missing something.
Hey Capt. Hook, good question. Primarily for a secondary boat to knock around some of the nearby Chesapeake Bay tributaries. Grab some lunch, dinner or zip over to other nearby marinas for a visit. Quick, short trips. These boats are kinda small and light weight to be out in the middle of the Chesapeake Bay most times.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Yeah I can see that. Didn’t realize you were not too far from me. I haven’t had mine in the bay at all and this is the 7th season. My family isn’t too keen on “rough weather” we see in the Patuxent so I’m sure I’d get an earful in the bay. I’m sure a Formula is much more capable there.
Seems it may be best to sell it then since it is now a seller’s market.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
After reading all these stories about the crowds at the boat ramps this year, just makes me appreciate my lift!

bigwaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Decided to hang on to it. I’m going to trailer it down to Florida for a long vacation in November/December so I’ll have something to go out in. Meanwhile, I’ll throw it in a high and dry in Maryland until October and take it out for some short runs here and there to keep the battery charged and everything working. The test drive was a lot of fun, it’s a cool little boat.