• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

KEWL VIDEOS ON NEW 2015 242 LIMITED S + "SOUND IMPROVEMENT" & CONNEXT VIDEOS !

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
KEWL VIDEOS ON NEW 2015 242 LIMITED

I am posting this for INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES only. This is not being done to once again start up a “debate” as to what might be worth what.” It's always good to LEARN.

In the first vid, Randy Vance of Boating magazine, runs the NEW 242 Limited S thru its paces on Lake Oconee of all places ……. Who woooda guessed that ? LOL !

PS – Randy says the boat comes with JL speakers ……. It does not. It comes with Polks.

What IS interesting about Yamaha’s new 2015 line-up, for whatever reason(s) is this: The boats are NOT simply, normal Model year upgrades/changes.

They are whole new boats. At least with the 242 it is true. So much so Yamaha SHOULD have re-named the boat to differentiate it from the existing 242’s. Not just my opinion …. I have heard dealers say the same thing.

Any ways ……… You might find what Randy has to say … Including the noise reduction, to be informative.

Take a looksee here (about 5-1/2 mins in length):

A new member, @Ziess21, who is making himself quite Welcome here, started a thread where he writes up - with Excellent photos - all about the SIGNIFICANT complete changes to the new 2015 242 Limited S. And I am sure as time goes on, he'll have more to say. That thread is here: https://jetboaters.net/threads/2015-242-limited-s-first-impressions-w-pics-and-video.3570/

@Zeiss21 has now added a super kewl video, which Yamaha doesn't have up yet !, on the all new Touch-screen display and more called "CONNEXT." See it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNGmw1x29P8

However, he, @Ziess21, also did a SUPER KEWL video which shows AUDIBLY how significant the SOUND REDUCTIONS properties are in the new 242 (and 240) line(s). You can see that on youtube here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5siPwsX4DPI

And @Ziess21 has made still another video to help may of us all about the EXCELLENT Tracking of the 2015 242LS, thanks to its "Articulating Keel." See it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNH3k2is3jQ

There is also a very informative youtube vid on the 24 foot boats thanks to Yamaha. Find it here:

There is also an informative video for the 240 lineup also:

As these boats begin coming off the assembly line starting in a few weeks, we are going to get even more detailed information. The 2015 may not be the ‘boat of choice’ for all, or possibly it falls outside some purchasers spending guidelines, but it surely is gonna appeal to a ton of buyers. Some of these buyers are gonna be existing Yamaha owners and many are gonna come from other brands.

Anyways …. This post is made for Informational Purposes. The more we learn, the better buying choices we all can make.:thumbsup::winkingthumbsup"

Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian – Lake Oconee, GA

Last edited:
Nice research. Vance does a pretty good job..

I have added some NEW videos to this thread, Many Thanks to @Ziess21. Really incredibly excellent quality and important and useful work he has gone to to help us all better understand these SIGNIFICANT changes and Improvements Yamaha has made.

the link by reallyniceboats.com is my dealer! way to go, stewart!!

Waiting for one of you innovators to replicate that sound proofing enhancement for our boats

Waiting for one of you innovators to replicate that sound proofing enhancement for our boats
Start drilling holes and foam fill the hull voids from the helm to the stern.

Murf,
You have talked about this for years. Do you have a foam product in mind? I have stuffed pipe insulation everywhere but something that would fill all the voids would be better.

@Ziess21 has made even 1 more informative video available to all of us. It is about the EXCELLENT TRACKING of the 2015 242LS.
You can see it here:

I am a believer in the new boats and the hype seems to be justified. That said, I am anxious to see what some well known members on this forum think when they receive their new 24' boats and compare them to the previous generation.

WOW !!!!!!!!! Super KEWL Find ! That is "our own" Will Owens, owner of JetBoatPilot, http://jetboatpilot.com/ maker of such wonderful products as Thrust Vector XL's, and Tru-Lock 2's !!!!!!

NICE addition to this thread, @Pointblank ! Many Thanks - Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Last edited:
Just messing with ya. Of course it's @JetBoatPilot himself. Looking forward to the rest of the series. And, psst, Jeff, buddy, 1080p maybe? :)

Nice addition from Will Owens, President & Owner of JetBoat Pilot, doing a vid in association with Cycle Springs PowerSports in Clearwater, FL .........
Showing how to CORRECTLY and easily deploy the new 201524 Ltd S BIMINI TOP.

Will Owens, JetBoat Pilot's cheif engineer, C.O.O., C.E.O., and lead mechanic once again hits a HOME RUN explaining Yamaha's NEW CONNEXT SYSTEM !

Back