• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Key West 2019

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Heading to Key West in June. We're considering the Key west Express ferry from Cape Coral since its cheap and only 3 hrs., and staying at the Hyatt Beach house Resort. Do we need a car to get around Old town, New town and to and from restaurants? We've never made it to the Keys yet, so this is all new to us. Also any recommendations on charter boat fishing would be great. I'd love to get out fishing 1 day while there (Any members living in Key West wanna take me out?;))

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If your hotel isnt near the cruise port just get uber down and back. Once there can walk anywhere.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When are yall going? We will be in Keys June 15-22... can talk to wife and see if she wants to take some others out fishing one day while we go..

We are planning one day in key west staying half week in marathon.

You might want a car if you want to visit some other keys for an afternoon/morning.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Wisefam22 So close! :pompus: We arrive June 9 and leave on the 16th!

I was thinking the same about Ubers. What we'll save on gas and time not driving, I'd be happy to trade off for an Uber ride. Cant see them asking more than $5 to and from town.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Key West express can be prone to weather delays/cancellations but June should be fine.
You can hire bicycles, a real fun way to get around, even when full of margarita ;).

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone ever done a "swim with the dolphins" experience? Im looking for one to take our boys (8&9) to do. If you have any ideas, Im all ears.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You do not need a car in Key West. It is a pain in the butt to have one there. You will have to pay to park overnight most of the time. Most hotels charge for parking also. Just use a cab. If you take the Conch Train or Trolly tour they pick up and drop off all day long for the one ticket price. you can rent a electric car like a golf cart also.

Richardb

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone ever done a "swim with the dolphins" experience? Im looking for one to take our boys (8&9) to do. If you have any ideas, Im all ears.
I've done a few of these at different places. I've found the Theater of the Sea has a nice set up for younger kids. If you decide there, I also recommend snorkeling at their beach (free and fish and stingrays are on the beach side so no need to pay for that extra swim with the stingrays) and swim with the seals rather than meet the seal. Have fun

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Theater of the sea is in Islamorada you will need a car to get there but great place.

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
When are yall going? We will be in Keys June 15-22... can talk to wife and see if she wants to take some others out fishing one day while we go..

We are planning one day in key west staying half week in marathon.

You might want a car if you want to visit some other keys for an afternoon/morning.
@Wisefam22, I just saw this. We will be in Key West the same week. We are staying at Oceans Edge in Key West. Planning to take day trip to Marathon.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yall gonna have boat?

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If not might be able to jump on with us one day.

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yall gonna have boat?
Yea, we are trailing all the way to Key West. Resort includes slip and trailer parking so we’ll be based there all week. Still planning and would love to share waypoints and get together.

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Heading to Key West in June. We're considering the Key west Express ferry from Cape Coral since its cheap and only 3 hrs., and staying at the Hyatt Beach house Resort. Do we need a car to get around Old town, New town and to and from restaurants? We've never made it to the Keys yet, so this is all new to us. Also any recommendations on charter boat fishing would be great. I'd love to get out fishing 1 day while there (Any members living in Key West wanna take me out?;))
I live here and know the island well, you can Uber all over it I can help get u around. I can take u guys to Marvin key for a bbq if u like

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@leonard delia, Appreciate the info. I will PM you, would be awesome to get together.