• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

KEY WEST LOBSTER SEASON !

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Anyone going to be headed to KW for lobster season that starts August 6th ??
I am considering going again, Boat from Marco Island to KW. (about 100 miles by water)

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Again? You went before? How was the trip? Seems long. Is it as rough as Bimini?

(I'm in Texas and only a qualified fresh water lake boater, so I will probably not try that adventure yet)

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Yes, this will be my third time. It’s a nice trip. Key West is fun, we usually stay at The Galleon, and the lobstering is a blast ! And great to eat.
Generally speaking , no , it’s not as rough as a Bimini run. Your not crossing the Gulf Stream. But you do need to keep an eye out for storms. They tend to whip up the waves a bit. On my last trip I experienced the smoothest water ever ! I didn’t even need to hold the wheel at 35+ mph

Cigarlaw

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Been to KW a million times, but never with my new 242. I'd be interested in joining with wifey and a friend or 2.

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Heading out late Friday early Saturday morning. Going to hit Dry Tortugas at the end of the week.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I looked into it, but holy crap the rules seemed absurd. Was just too much to try and wade through for someone not familiar with the area.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I never keep any fish in Florida any more just not worth it to try and figure out the rules. Use circle hooks take a pic and let it go I think you can get a ticket for using Jhooks now it’s nuts.

nofd843

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I think that would be a fun trip, running the Keys, might have to add it to the list.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Cool, trying to go in November. Any advice? Where did you get your last fuel?

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I stayed in Key West for several days prior to going to the Tortugas and then back to Key West for several days before going back north to Marco Island