• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Kicker Head Unit/ Wired Remote Question

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
We are currently looking at a Scarab ID, and have a couple questions regarding the stock vs upgraded system.

Stock:

From pics I have seen, it looks like the same Kicker head unit is used, with a wired remote at the helm. Does anyone know if there is a remote unit that has a display? I don’t see the remote Scarab uses on Kicker’s website.

IF it is a Kicker hu, any reason another remote (transom mounted) couldn’t be added?

Upgraded:

Any idea what model amps are used?

From what I have found, it sounds like some speakers may be wired in series??? Any idea which speakers are, if so?

Can the factory amp power wire handle an additional amp, possibly a 4 channel?

General question:

It seems there is a volume control unit that can be installed inline of the rca cable, to act as a “zone volume control”. What model(s) are the best value?

While we are shopping a few other brands/ models, just trying to decide which is a better value, upgrading the base stereo package, or the factory upgraded system.

TY!!!

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
I did find out that the Kicker KMC 1 is the head unit for both the base ID stereo, and upgraded system, with the KRC11 being the remote. And there is not a remote unit that works with the factory head unit that has a display.

I also found the amps are the Kicker PX200.1 (sub) and the PX200.2 that is used. At least for now.