• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Kipukai Kauai, Hawaii

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So they called for variables winds 5-10mph, and a small easterly swell. So decided to take our AR240 on her maiden voyage in the Hawaiian Pacific Ocean. Wanted to take the ohana(family) to Kipukai, the only way to get there is by boat or helicopter. This morning It was beautiful flat like a lake, at about 11ish the winds shifted and was blowing out of the south 15-20mph. So the beautiful flat water turned into 2-4chop, and u know what who says Yammies can’t handle chop. I was quite surprised how well she handles in stock form. We did some bottom fishing and jumped in to spearfish some too. So happy that the ohana(family) was happy. Building memories Hawaiian Style, here’s some pics from today’s adventure. Aloha no🤙🏽

Attachments

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beautiful! How many miles from island to island?

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aloha J-RAD, it’s the same island just around the corner on the rural side. Can’t drive there and if u hiked in it would be like a 3 day hike. Not cause it’s far but because it’s dense tropical forest. Very secluded beaches and so beautiful. Definitely one for the bucket list.🤙🏽

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
WOW , What a beautiful location and day of boating ! Especially like the palm tree leaves on the wake tower.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
WOW , What a beautiful location and day of boating ! Especially like the palm tree leaves on the wake tower.
The Yamaha has been blessed. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://kahunateachings.com/hawaiian-culture/boat-blessing/&ved=2ahUKEwjt2Jri8r3hAhWIVt8KHWyPD-AQFjALegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw3PgbIlSiid0eVjCzgKhvWj&cshid=1554637245253

Love it! I cannot wait until the renaming cerimony for the Beneteau in a few weeks to PANANA, my wifes ancestral Hawaiian name, and also the Hawaiian navigation compass and I would like to have her blessed, the boat, with this old sacred ritual also.

20180731_153353.jpg

I think her Greatgrandmother Thelma would approve.

20190405_124316.jpg

Last edited:

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
J-RAD the trip to Kipukai, we launched out of Kapaa and it was 16-18miles to get there. So not really far, but we zigzagged the grounds going and coming back. Hitting some spots to check the reef, and maybe hook some fish. I forgot to post our small catch, so here it is some Hawaiian reef fish. A few Pan fryers that my wife and kids caught bottom fishing, and a huge Uhu(Parrot Fish) that i jumped in and shot.🤙🏽

Attachments

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
WildCatFan54 mahalo(thank u) it was a beautiful day out with the Ohana(family). The leaves on the tower are Ti Leaf(Cordyline Fruiticosa) that my wife and son shreaded the ends. The Ti leaves we use to Pomaika’i(Bless) our trip. It’s a Hawaiian tradition and ritual to ask Akua(God), to Bless our trip.🤙🏽

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Yamaha has been blessed. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://kahunateachings.com/hawaiian-culture/boat-blessing/&ved=2ahUKEwjt2Jri8r3hAhWIVt8KHWyPD-AQFjALegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw3PgbIlSiid0eVjCzgKhvWj&cshid=1554637245253

Love it! I cannot wait until the renaming cerimony for the Beneteau in a few weeks to PANANA, my wifes ancestral Hawaiian name, and also the Hawaiian navigation compass and I would like to have her blessed, the boat, with this old sacred ritual also.

View attachment 91255

I think her Greatgrandmother Thelma would approve.

View attachment 91261
Aloha zipper, so awesome to see and hear Hawaiian traditions being carried on a far. Please post a thread on the renaming ceremony, I think Tutu Wahine would definitely approve, Mahalo ke Akua.🤙🏽