• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Krypt tower racks

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm thinking about adding a couple of Krypt racks to my tower. Has anyone purchased a rack from them? What's your opinion of the rack?

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have 2: a kneeboard/wakeboard rack and a surf/wake rack. Have had them for 2 years. They are fine and still look new.

They don't swing in, I couldn't justify the extra cost of that. But getting boards on & off takes some upper body/lower back strength as you will be standing on the seat and stretched out. My kids can't do it and my wife could but won't if I am nearby.

As far as the racks my only complaint is the wrapping method. They only come with a single bungee cord for wrapping both boards. Initially I would try to wrap both a kneeboard and a wakeboard with a single bungee loop....wakeboard would almost fall out. Had no tension on it. Now I could just be an idiot and not wrapping it right, but I tried every way possible and could not figure out how to do it. So to fix problem, I bought a roll of bungee cord on amazon & made a separate strap loop for each rack position. But even with this I would not drive down highway with boards in racks. NO WAY! I have also taken my boards out of racks when water was really rough as they were bouncing around more than I desired. But that was only once.

Mounting was a non issue too. When you order they ask what size diameter, but they send you several rubber spacer things anyway to optimize fit. It just clamps onto tower with 4 allen-head bolts. I put loctite on threads and they have not moved in 2 years. All in all they seem well made for the price but I have never had anything else to compare to.

Note:
kneeboard will not fit in surf rack.
wakeboard will fit in surfrack.
wakeboard will fit in kneeboard spot, but way too loose for any sort of speed/bumps.
Don't have a surfboard, just bought the surf/wake combo to keep my options open. :smuggrin:

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks. Did you order the yamaha specific rack or the generic rack? The generic rack is less expensive. Just wondering if there is a difference between the two.

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
this one I ordered off amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CA5TVYO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 they sent me an email shortly after order wanting tower diameter size.
I bought the other surf/wake combo directly from krypt. They were just the generic ones. Krypt didn't have a yamaha specific one when I ordered (I don't think).

Just measure your tower diameter (at location you want it mounted) and that's all you need.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought the swinging units last year, and they also are removable so I can store when trailering. . One does kneeboard, wakeboard and the other does surfboard and 2 wakebords. Works great and very happy.

Still need to polish up my stationary racks and sell in the spring.

Also if you call bullet lines they usually give an extra discount. I posted the information last year.

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check eBay for the ones sold by Krypt. They normally sell at a discount there for some reason.

I bought 2 a few years ago and no issues. Boat is stored outside during the summer and then I remove the racks in the winter. And no pitting at all. I have the dual wake racks and the surf/ wake combo. Non swinging. I normally only have a wake board on the one and a surf on the other so no issues with the bungee fastening.

Would definately recommend them for the price.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have had the cheap ones from aerial or whatever, and even those were okay, particularly for the price.
I will say that having them mounted with a swivel mount was a MUST for me. I dry dock in a slip where I would not be able to easily fit with the boards out, and it would be a mess. Even if you do not plan on using the swivel all the time, it is something I would consider strongly, as you may find yourself in a guest slip and some such where it will be a necessity.

--