• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Kuuma Grill with Magma Mount & Bag

JAUGA82

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I recently finished my Kuuma grill/mount install and thought this might by useful. To begin...most of you probably know the Magma grills are expensive, but usually a necessity because of the mounting options available. I started by buying the Magma Connoisseur series grill on Amazon for about $215. I also purchased their Level Lock/Power Grip mount and their medium padded bag. I received the grill and was extremely underwhelmed...that model is very basic. No thermostat, no starter, and quite small. I did some research and came across the Kuuma Elite 216 and 316 models, which offer the same features as the more expensive Magma models (Magma Newport at $350) at a much lower cost. I returned the Magma and ended up going with the Kuuma Elite 216 because of the smaller size. It comes with the thermostat, starter, and has an upper warming rack.

When I received the grill I was very pleased. It looks just as good as the Magma and I actually paid just under $200 for it, delivered. So, I went to install it and...DANGIT! The mounting holes on the bottom side are completely different from Magma (grills and mount), so its not easily compatible with the Power Lock mount. Magma's Power Lock mount is by far the best out there...it's patented and can be use for a wide range of applications. It's frickin strong too!! Doesn't budge when underway. Anyways...the problem is I now have a Kuuma grill, but the only acceptable mounting system is a Magma. My solution, I made an adapter from a 1/2" high quality cutting board.

I cut the size equal to the mounting plate on the bottom of the grill and beveled the edges. There's about a 3/4" gap between the mounting plate and the main shell of the grill, so it doesn't get very hot at all. Then I marked and drilled the 6 mounting holes (4 for the Magma mount and 2 for the Kuuma grill). When mounting to the Magma mount, I sunk the holes (2nd pic) so the bolts wouldn't interfere with mounting to the grill, and used 1/4" Stainless Acorn Nuts to make sure the exposed end of the bolt doesn't scratch anything. You can see in the picture there are 2 unused holes. I actually had to remove it, rotate it 90 degrees, and drill 2 new holes because in order to fit inside the Magma bag with the mount attached, it had to be oriented to fold down from left to right/right to left and not from front to back.

Once the adapter is mounted to the Magma mount, it's easily attached to the bottom of the grill. The grill has fold out legs, so if you want to use it on a table top, you just fold out the legs and fold the mount down. The legs extend just far enough so the folded Magma mount doesn't cause any problems.

To sum it up, you don't have to buy a Magma grill to take advantage of their superior accessories. As I mentioned, I'm also using their medium padded bag and it's absolutely perfect! I can fit the Kuuma grill and mount, 2 propane tanks, a cutting board, and grilling utensils all in the same bag. I couldn't be happier with the grill. We've used it 3 times on the water and even once at a UGA game this year (Go Dawgs!). It cooks just like any other gas grill. I've done pork tenderloins, brats, hot dogs, sausages, hamburgers, corn, veggie kabobs...everything turned out delicious.

14437132866515.jpg 14437132413610.jpg 14437132413641.jpg 14437132413742.jpg 14437132414213.jpg 14437132415114.jpg

facebook_1443638237619.jpg14437150899560.jpg

Last edited:

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Nathan_85

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got a question, i have the sx 190 and we dont have that table mount in the back or the table leg. Where can i find that mount with the leg by it self. I want to do the same you did in this write up but cannot find this needed parts anywhere. Highly appreciate any suggestions.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You can buy the OEM parts, but it'll cost you more than the grill...

Table Mount - F3H-U4825-10-00 $77.74
Spacer - F3H-U471E-00-00 $28.38
Table Leg - F3H-U4814-01-00 $213.48

image.png
image.png

Emory

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very clean install. I'm in the same situation.
Thanks for sharing!

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I recently finished my Kuuma grill/mount install and thought this might by useful. To begin...most of you probably know the Magma grills are expensive, but usually a necessity because of the mounting options available. I started by buying the Magma Connoisseur series grill on Amazon for about $215. I also purchased their Level Lock/Power Grip mount and their medium padded bag. I received the grill and was extremely underwhelmed...that model is very basic. No thermostat, no starter, and quite small. I did some research and came across the Kuuma Elite 216 and 316 models, which offer the same features as the more expensive Magma models (Magma Newport at $350) at a much lower cost. I returned the Magma and ended up going with the Kuuma Elite 216 because of the smaller size. It comes with the thermostat, starter, and has an upper warming rack.

When I received the grill I was very pleased. It looks just as good as the Magma and I actually paid just under $200 for it, delivered. So, I went to install it and...DANGIT! The mounting holes on the bottom side are completely different from Magma (grills and mount), so its not easily compatible with the Power Lock mount. Magma's Power Lock mount is by far the best out there...it's patented and can be use for a wide range of applications. It's frickin strong too!! Doesn't budge when underway. Anyways...the problem is I now have a Kuuma grill, but the only acceptable mounting system is a Magma. My solution, I made an adapter from a 1/2" high quality cutting board.

I cut the size equal to the mounting plate on the bottom of the grill and beveled the edges. There's about a 3/4" gap between the mounting plate and the main shell of the grill, so it doesn't get very hot at all. Then I marked and drilled the 6 mounting holes (4 for the Magma mount and 2 for the Kuuma grill). When mounting to the Magma mount, I sunk the holes (2nd pic) so the bolts wouldn't interfere with mounting to the grill, and used 1/4" Stainless Acorn Nuts to make sure the exposed end of the bolt doesn't scratch anything. You can see in the picture there are 2 unused holes. I actually had to remove it, rotate it 90 degrees, and drill 2 new holes because in order to fit inside the Magma bag with the mount attached, it had to be oriented to fold down from left to right/right to left and not from front to back.

Once the adapter is mounted to the Magma mount, it's easily attached to the bottom of the grill. The grill has fold out legs, so if you want to use it on a table top, you just fold out the legs and fold the mount down. The legs extend just far enough so the folded Magma mount doesn't cause any problems.

To sum it up, you don't have to buy a Magma grill to take advantage of their superior accessories. As I mentioned, I'm also using their medium padded bag and it's absolutely perfect! I can fit the Kuuma grill and mount, 2 propane tanks, a cutting board, and grilling utensils all in the same bag. I couldn't be happier with the grill. We've used it 3 times on the water and even once at a UGA game this year (Go Dawgs!). It cooks just like any other gas grill. I've done pork tenderloins, brats, hot dogs, sausages, hamburgers, corn, veggie kabobs...everything turned out delicious.

View attachment 29778 View attachment 29779 View attachment 29780 View attachment 29781 View attachment 29782 View attachment 29783

View attachment 29785View attachment 29784
Do you know the part number for the black screw piece? I have everything but I need that adjustable screw looking piece, thanks.

ruztew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got a question, i have the sx 190 and we dont have that table mount in the back or the table leg. Where can i find that mount with the leg by it self. I want to do the same you did in this write up but cannot find this needed parts anywhere. Highly appreciate any suggestions.
For a 19ft install you could do this:
https://jetboaters.net/threads/ar192-magma-kettle-2-grill-install.6262/#post-107342

I'm in the process of doing this myself and lucked out on a new magma kettle grill for $112