• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ladder Problems??

jared24

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Been having ladder sticking problems for a couple years now. Been doing what I can with a filer to grind the slide rail which helps for about a month or so each time. However, the location and angle makes it difficult to grind.

My Question: If I unbolt the brackets (bolted to the hull) are these self tapped bolts or is there a nut on the other side that I need to worry about?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jared24

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Contact windline, https://www.windline.com/, a number of members have said they are very helpful and the ladder may have a lifetime warranty.....
I plan on doing that this off season. In the meantime does anyone know the answer to how the ladder bracket bolts are designed? I'd hate to unscrew it then have a nut on the other end that's now loose in the hull...

Papa

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Having same issues. I'm the only one who can beat in in or out. Will call Windline. Never occurred to me. Thanks

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
In the meantime does anyone know the answer to how the ladder bracket bolts are designed?
My assumption is they are just through bolted....but it wouldn't be hard to figure out. What I do in these situations is open up the clean out hatch, remove the access port and stick my cell phone in there in video mode with the light on. Then record all around where you expect the other side of the bolt to be, and you should be able to determine what is going on with the other side. But pretty certain you are just looking at a large washer or small backing plate and a loose nut.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I changed my ladder several times with a warranty replacement from Windline Products, the manufacturer of the ladder. I had no issue with the bolts nor did I have to go into the area under the swim deck to put a wrench on the back of the bolt. I can't seem to remember if it was a bolt or a lag screw, but I think the latter. I was wondering and referenced some of my pictures, to see if possibly I just removed the new or repaired ladder from the mounting plates or if I sent them in too. Call them, they may be able to shed more light on it.

Ladder Contact

Mandy Payne
LoboStar Inc., DBA Windline
Sales Manager
310-516-9812 ext. 118
cell : 424-212-9170
windline17@windline.com
mandy-p@lobostar.com
(888) 836-8281 main number

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was having the same problem. I just took the nut and bolt out and replaced them with one size smaller. Works perfectly now

jeremy0011

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
On my 212x the nuts were embedded in the fiberglass. Windline was very easy to deal with and replaced my ladder free of charge. The new ladder eventually had the same problem and I ended up filing the slots where it was not sliding properly. I would suggest filing the slots to allow more clearance and see if that fixes your issue.

jared24

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for all the replies. Plan to take it off tonight to file...

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
On my 2010 242 ls the stern ladder is secured with four bolts that thread to nuts embedded in the fiberglass. windline replaced my sticking ladder with a new one for the cost of shipping one way (about $20 with box). When i left it deployed and bent it backing the trailer up windline took the broken one in trade and gave me about 50% off od a new one. Great company but i suggest you call them before shipping anything to them.

jared24

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As stated in prior comments, the bolt nuts were embedded in the fiberglass making the ladder easy to remove. I filed the slide rails and ladder does open/close better now. I'll be making a warranty claim at the end of this season. Thanks to all for the advice!

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yeah Windline Customer Service is Awesome..

JTPain

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have had the same problem. looks like the leverage of the ladder, when climbing aboard, bends the bottom track upwards. So, the bolts won't fit through the track. I happen to still have a 10 pound slide hammer from my old body shop days. Just hook it on the bottom track and a few whacks downward will widen the space to let the bolts slide through smoothly.

Papa

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I called Windline and they were slow to respond and wound up being no help at all. My 05 SX230 had the same issues. Looking for another brand to install.
Papa

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just noticed mine is binding again but am not planning to call wodlinw about it until after this boating season.

Ronald

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My dealer checking with ext warranty..in my 4th season so no clue why its failing. After talking to wind line they said send pics and they should be able to replace. Zero damage to it and they seemed to know exactly what i was experiencing. We will see.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine is in really rough shape. I managed to get it semi functioning again. I found a thread showing that the generic windline worked and was longer. So, I went ahead and ordered the self locking 3 rung generic ladder. I like the idea of a bit more length and no more nylon latch. I'll report back if it works well on my 08 230.

https://windline.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=55

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was told the bolt pattern was not the same. I hope that was a lie so it fits on your boat.

My ladder suffered an attempted repair so when Windline got it from my sx230 they said it could not be fixed, but they replaced it for a discounted amount $90 maybe? Can't remember exactly. I asked about the self locking no strap one and they told me the bolt pattern was not the same.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was told the bolt pattern was not the same. I hope that was a lie so it fits on your boat.

My ladder suffered an attempted repair so when Windline got it from my sx230 they said it could not be fixed, but they replaced it for a discounted amount $90 maybe? Can't remember exactly. I asked about the self locking no strap one and they told me the bolt pattern was not the same.
As long as the width is good holes can be added.

Thanks, You made me double check and the width is different. I'll change my order.

Last edited: