• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Anna, Virginia

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Any Lake Anna Jetboaters here?

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just bought a 2008 AR230 at the end of November. I grew up in Mineral and live in Woodbridge now, I use Lake Anna almost exclusively even though I live less than 1/2 a mile from Time N Tide Marine in Woodbridge....

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Cool....where do you put in? I will keep an eye out for your boat. We are near Hunters Landing.....we do water sports on this side of No Wake zone but venture out to a cove to chill or the sand bar. Nice boat!!

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put in at Christopher Run or High Point Marina unless I can find a friend who is around and I can put in at their community. I usually camp out at the Sand Bar most of the day when I am on the water and will usually do a sunset cruise when the day is over. Here is a picture of my old boat at the sand bar....

Attachments

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looks like a nice big lake.....does it get really busy on the weekends?
Not to bad on the weekends. The worst days are on Sunday with Holiday weekends. Mainly July 4th and Labor Day weekends are the busiest. We stay all summer and its perfect during the week of course....its a nice lake.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I put in at Christopher Run or High Point Marina unless I can find a friend who is around and I can put in at their community. I usually camp out at the Sand Bar most of the day when I am on the water and will usually do a sunset cruise when the day is over. Here is a picture of my old boat at the sand bar....
Cool...HAHA I think I remember the boom box foe show!! LOL This my old boat I sold in July, you may have seen it at the sand bar. New one in profile pic.

LatitudeadjusterII.jpg

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thats funny, I see my god-parents house in the background...the big brick house with pool on the hill...

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone know of what bridges an AR230 wont be able to go under without lowering the tower? I was told by the previous owner there was a bridge on the northern side of the lake that he couldnt get under. I really hope I can make if from the main lake area to the "No Wake Zone" restaurant without any issues....

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Anyone know of what bridges an AR230 wont be able to go under without lowering the tower? I was told by the previous owner there was a bridge on the northern side of the lake that he couldnt get under. I really hope I can make if from the main lake area to the "No Wake Zone" restaurant without any issues....
We have a house on the other side of No wake zone restaurant......that bridge is fine, one at hunters landing and restaurant .....the one before just after the state park.....just stay to the right, the second opening from your right going towards No wake Zone. It is more an optical illusion. You have to watch the water line on the concrete columns....if you cant see the water line then do not proceed, but I have never seen this in boating season, the power plant regulates. This particular bridge is Stubbs bridge. 242LS go under it and they are taller.....like I said optical illusion. Coming back from restaurant to Stubbs and main lake go to your left, of course.

We will have to get a Jet Boat day and get all the jet boats and make our own run around the lake.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK yeah I thought it was Stubbs Bridge was the one that he said he couldn't get under... I just put the Tow Point anchor light on my tower so hopefully that wont effect it too much. I tested it out, its pretty easy to remove the front two allen bolts from the tower and lean it back to gain about 12 inches of clearance, but I would love it if that isnt necessary.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
OK yeah I thought it was Stubbs Bridge was the one that he said he couldn't get under... I just put the Tow Point anchor light on my tower so hopefully that wont effect it too much. I tested it out, its pretty easy to remove the front two allen bolts from the tower and lean it back to gain about 12 inches of clearance, but I would love it if that isnt necessary.

View attachment 16205 View attachment 16206 View attachment 16207
Put the tower down one time and stop and measure to the bottom of the bridge.....get an eyeball where the water mark is at that time. Put back up and measure....I believe you have plenty of room. But never worth chancing....check it out...let me know what you got. Also be aware of wake coming off the lake....not usually but I may wait a sec and let it die down some, never know when a wake tosses you up high enuff to catch any boat.

Jr15g

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I moved from TN to Williamsburg back in October. I put my boat in storage near Lake Anna. I can't wait for the boating season to start.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I moved from TN to Williamsburg back in October. I put my boat in storage near Lake Anna. I can't wait for the boating season to start.
Have you been to Lake Anna on the water yet? If not, you will love it....a few party sand bars......let me know if you have any questions about the area.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Put the tower down one time and stop and measure to the bottom of the bridge.....get an eyeball where the water mark is at that time. Put back up and measure....I believe you have plenty of room. But never worth chancing....check it out...let me know what you got. Also be aware of wake coming off the lake....not usually but I may wait a sec and let it die down some, never know when a wake tosses you up high enuff to catch any boat.

So I got the boat down to Lake Anna yesterday finally for the first time of the year. We put in close to the sand bar at the west side of the lake and headed for the "No Wake Zone". After passing the State Park and approaching Stubbs Bridge we disconnected the tower on the front so it could hinge back and get another 12 inches of clearance. We went under the far right side of the bridge and had plenty of clearance, so we folded the tower back to its normal position and still had about a foot of clearance. No issues. It was good to be back on the Lake. We went to the Sand Bar around noon, and there were three boats there, by about 1 to 1:30 there was about 10 boats and it got a little more lively. I had to pull out around 4, but heard it stayed active til around 6 or so.....

Last edited:

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yea that bridge is an optical illusion ...but better off safe than sorry. Still watch water line on pillars....if you don't see water line really be careful.

Where did you put in, dukes creek? The best sand bar is past tim's. Turn at state park kinda past water way to Christopher run past tim's restaurant and under bridge and then about a mile. They put the volley ball net up on Sat if you were at this location.

Glad you had a great time!

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea that bridge is an optical illusion ...but better off safe than sorry. Still watch water line on pillars....if you don't see water line really be careful.

Where did you put in, dukes creek? The best sand bar is past tim's. Turn at state park kinda past water way to Christopher run past tim's restaurant and under bridge and then about a mile. They put the volley ball net up on Sat if you were at this location.

Glad you had a great time!
I put in over at a buddy's place close to Tim's, the last cove before the sand bar on the left. They did the put the Volleyball net up on Saturday or they are putting it up this Saturday? It wasnt up yet when I left at 4ish. I am debating if I want to come down this weekend too, I left my boat in Mineral at my Grandma's house and heard they are having the Lake Anna Brewfest at Cutalong on Saturday....

Last edited:

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
PPP festival on the James River this weekend is going on. July 29th there will be a glow party at the Sandbar past Tim's.