• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Conroe

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I know its kinda a party lake, and most of it is bulkheaded so it gets the chop, but can you regulars give more details? Specifically, the best places off Hwy 105 to launch, best restaurants/bars to access via water, are there concerts on the lake that can be viewed from the boat, ie: Pappas on the Lake used to have a set up that you could anchor out and see the stage, not sure if they still do???

Hazards on the lake to be aware of?

Many thanks!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry for the very delayed reply, @Kelso . I should have been all over this one. I haven't been boating long, but these are my home waters.

First off, you will find lake levels, water temp, air temp and all else you would want to know before leaving at: http://www.sanjacintoriverauthority.com/lakeconroe/.

Launch points I am a bit challenged. I valet at Lakeside Landing (on 105), and their ramps are private. I have been there since I bought my boat, and if I should go with someone they are allowed to launch from there. So I have never had opportunity to try anywhere else. That said, I do know that there is a ramp across the street from Lakeside called April Plaza Marina... See lots of people going in/out of there.

You can find good food on the lake. Frequently the problem is that the service can be lacking. Used to go to El Dorado Jack's next to the Valero station on 105, but it changed owners and names to The Back Porch. Your basic bar atmosphere and food (burgers, fries, beer). Slow service generally, but usually plenty of dock space right out back.

Fajita Jack's has moved to the main Marina on 105 (at about 15102) and was well-reputed to have the best food in the area when it was on the other side of 105 off the water. Never been there myself yet. Also docks directly out back. However, in that same marina there is a Five Guys, Subway and a bunch of other stuff, so that area is usually crowded.

Rumor has it that La Torretta has a good Sunday morning brunch. It is located in the southwest part of the lake (and on the 'finger' where we can usually be found running back and forth with kids in tow).

Parties are generally to be had at the island on the southeast corner of the lake. Google puts it at 30.383626, -95.566347. Always lots of people parking there and wading around. I have yet to visit (I usually have lots of kids in tow who really want to be towed, not sit and drink), but I have been by and can tell you it is popular.

So, not a lot of info there, but some for you. Hope that helps and do let me know if you drop by.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh, crud. The hazards... I forgot.

If you make it north of the bridge (look on the map; it is about 2/3 of the way up the lake), you then need to start watching closely for trees. Not much of a problem south of the bridge, and immediately north of the bridge is fine if you stay to the west for about a 1/2 mile or so. Then you will start to see them on the right. Everywhere. The worst, though, is on the east side as you come under the bridge. You won't see those as much. If you are going at night, I would not even go north of the bridge. See http://www.lakeconroe.com/hazard-map/

Main part of the lake is 20+ feet deep almost everywhere. There is a sandbar running north of the party island and a bit to the south. Other than that, usually low spots where you would expect (near shore, around bends, etc.).

Speaking of night running, the lake is patrolled by the Montgomery County Constable. I have yet to be pulled over (though one did come over to do me the favor of letting me know that my ladder was down in back). They like to hang out near the gas stations on 105. And if you would like to attract their attention, run at WOT at night. I am told they sit and listen. If they hear someone going fast, they are all over you for reckless boating.

But, in case of emergency, the Constables do monitor 16. Not sure if they have MMSI. There is also a TowBoatUS on the lake (also on 16).

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Many thanks! Hope to get up there this season.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Note please that the San Jacinto River Authority has closed Lake Conroe temporarily to motorized boat traffic (as of yesterday). Lake is 2 feet over normal pool and there is lots of floating debris, covered docks, etc.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lake Conroe is back open as of 8:00 am today. That is all.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lake Conroe is closed again due to the flooding, until further notice. Updates at http://www.sjra.net/.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
But, I think that hwy 249 is open to boat traffic. ... stole that one from the news cast last night.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This just in: Lake Conroe will reopen at sunrise tomorrow (Monday, May 30). Boaters are advised to use caution...

Crlos16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yep this weather really took the boat activity out our week-end plans.

Hope everyone stays safe and dry.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey! Another Houston-area person! Hi, @Crlos16 ! Do you frequent Conroe as well?

I know that I have met @MrMoose up here on the water. And @Kelso is in the area (farther south). Guess we are going to have to get a South Texas gathering together soon... We are getting a critical mass.

Crlos16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello @tdonoughue yes lake Conroe is the primary lake we visit.

A Sounth Texas gathering sounds like a great plan, cont me in.

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I know this is an old thread. But I like party cove by Scott's ridge on the north end. It's usually smooth but you have to know where to maneuver.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had to Google to find it. Didn't even know that was up there. Never been that far north. Will probably need a guide with all of the stumps up there... :) But definitely will put on my list to check out.

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Stay to the left and your golden. But hit me up I'll head out there with you.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lake Conroe is closed as of noon today to powerboats temporarily due to high water (hiding docks, bulkheads, etc.), loose boats and floating debris in the water.

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
My brother lives on the lake. The waters just about over the bulk head.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just some substantial rain and storms a few days ago. Some flooding in places (minor), but now it is all draining to the lake...

WilCo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was out when it closed and had commented to my passengers about someone's dock being completely under water. Water is warm enough already kids were kneeboarding. So glad the season has started again!
As I'm sure you guys know, but for completeness, lake is open again.