• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Gaston Suggestion

waterbandit

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Taking our new AR190 to Lake Gaston for first time today. We have only been on Jordan Lake prior to this. What are ramps like at Gaston? We are new to launching so looking for larger or less crowded ramps. Also, are there any restaurant recommendations with easy docking that may be good for beginning boaters?? Still getting the hang of steering.

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Taking our new AR190 to Lake Gaston for first time today. We have only been on Jordan Lake prior to this. What are ramps like at Gaston? We are new to launching so looking for larger or less crowded ramps. Also, are there any restaurant recommendations with easy docking that may be good for beginning boaters?? Still getting the hang of steering.
Lots of public ramps in Virginia and most are not crowded. I am not to sure about the NC parts. Not too many restaurants. I only know of two on the water and neither are great for beginner boaters. What part of the lake are you going to? I can give you better advice knowing where you are going. It is a 35 mile long lake. Also, check out Lake Gaston Guide | Everything About The Lake.

waterbandit

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lots of public ramps in Virginia and most are not crowded. I am not to sure about the NC parts. Not too many restaurants. I only know of two on the water and neither are great for beginner boaters. What part of the lake are you going to? I can give you better advice knowing where you are going. It is a 35 mile long lake. Also, check out Lake Gaston Guide | Everything About The Lake.
Thanks! We are probably launching at Salmon’s Landing or Summit near Littleton NC

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks! We are probably launching at Salmon’s Landing or Summit near Littleton NC
That is the busiest part of the lake. The ramps are always crowded, but never maxed out. Might I suggest looking in and around Bracey, VA. It is much less crowded and only right off of I-85. Only one restaurant there, but lots of room for fun on the water. We have our place in Bracey so we can stay away from the crowds.

waterbandit

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is the busiest part of the lake. The ramps are always crowded, but never maxed out. Might I suggest looking in and around Bracey, VA. It is much less crowded and only right off of I-85. Only one restaurant there, but lots of room for fun on the water. We have our place in Bracey so we can stay away from the crowds.
It’s probably too late today for us to change our route today but we will try it the next time. Bracey would actually be a shorter drive from our house. Thank you!

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It’s probably too late today for us to change our route today but we will try it the next time. Bracey would actually be a shorter drive from our house. Thank you!
No problem. Sorry we aren't at the lake this weekend or we could meet up. Shoot me a note next time you come to Lake Gaston.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Love lake Gaston. That ramp is actually near my buddies house. Couple of restaurants. Latitudes is new and is a wide open straight dock easy to navigate for newbs. Watersview restaurant is also pretty easy if you don't go into one of the slips and tie up to the dock. Especially the back side of the dock where not many people go. The Pointe isn't hard to navigate, but can get kind of crowded with the marina there as well as a gas pump. There's the Shady Shack flip flop bar and that one can be a little tricky for a new boater. Pretty shallow there too at the slips to tie up, also not many slips to tie up there. Washburn's has fuel, and also a little grill there. Has hot dogs and such that's pretty decent. Shady shack would have been the farthest from where you put it. Latitudes and Washburn's would have been the closest. I haven't tried latitudes but have eaten plenty of hot dogs from Washburn's.