• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Gaston

JDSCHMOO

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Heading south tomorrow for Lake Gaston! Decided to switch it up this year, had been at Lake Anna for the last 6 years.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My favorite lake! I'm heading up to my buddies place there next Thurs for a day or 2. Wife and little one will be out of town, so taking the time to do some dude stuff.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@suke where's the quickest/easiest place to put in at Lake Gaston if coming up I-85N from the CH area (I figure you're coming up I-85N too if you're in HS).

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Heading south tomorrow for Lake Gaston! Decided to switch it up this year, had been at Lake Anna for the last 6 years.
We'll be on Lake Anna tomorrow breaking the boat in.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@suke where's the quickest/easiest place to put in at Lake Gaston if coming up I-85N from the CH area (I figure you're coming up I-85N too if you're in HS).
I actually go up 95 as my buddies house is on the East side of the lake in Littleton. There's only a couple public (free) ramps on Gaston I'm aware of.

This one is closest to 85 I've only ever used one public ramp on Gaston.
1200 PEETE FARM RD

WARRENTON, NC 27589

I've used this one, but it's hella small.
142 WILDLIFE LANDING RD

HENRICO, NC 27842

Where are you staying at?

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I actually go up 95 as my buddies house is on the East side of the lake in Littleton. There's only a couple public (free) ramps on Gaston I'm aware of.

This one is closest to 85 I've only ever used one public ramp on Gaston.
1200 PEETE FARM RD

WARRENTON, NC 27589

I've used this one, but it's hella small.
142 WILDLIFE LANDING RD

HENRICO, NC 27842

Where are you staying at?
Thanks for the addresses...I'll check them out! We don't have any immediate plans to stay overnight up there, but were thinking of day-tripping it up to Lake Gaston from Chapel Hill one day this summer to check it out.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks for the addresses...I'll check them out! We don't have any immediate plans to stay overnight up there, but were thinking of day-tripping it up to Lake Gaston from Chapel Hill one day this summer to check it out.
AH! Got it. You'll love Gaston. It's nice and deep, so the water stays cooler. It gets pretty busy during the weekends, I try to go up to my buddies during the week. Granted I've taken my ski up there a bunch on weekends. When I do that I just use the ramp in his neighborhood, and being on a ski you can get into coves that many boats can't due to low/narrow bridges. Couple restaurants on the lake. Shady shack has always been a favorite of mine, and is under new ownership. They've revamped the menu. Latitudes opened up last year, but have yet to try it. Then there's the pointe by Eaton Ferry Marina, and Watersview directly across from there. Watersview has covered slips to park in, be aware some of them are narrow. The Pointe is also by the marina and a fuel dock so parking can get be limited. Shady shack also has limited boat parking, but in the past I've never had a hard time pulling my ski up on shore. We had a blast last year when we rented a place on Gaston.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
AH! Got it. You'll love Gaston. It's nice and deep, so the water stays cooler. It gets pretty busy during the weekends, I try to go up to my buddies during the week. Granted I've taken my ski up there a bunch on weekends. When I do that I just use the ramp in his neighborhood, and being on a ski you can get into coves that many boats can't due to low/narrow bridges. Couple restaurants on the lake. Shady shack has always been a favorite of mine, and is under new ownership. They've revamped the menu. Latitudes opened up last year, but have yet to try it. Then there's the pointe by Eaton Ferry Marina, and Watersview directly across from there. Watersview has covered slips to park in, be aware some of them are narrow. The Pointe is also by the marina and a fuel dock so parking can get be limited. Shady shack also has limited boat parking, but in the past I've never had a hard time pulling my ski up on shore. We had a blast last year when we rented a place on Gaston.
Thanks for all the great info!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We did a gathering there one year....at Stone House Timber Lodge. They have their own ramp and docks. We should do this again!
I responded to you in the other thread..... let's set it up!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Andisimose

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This one 1200 Peete Farm Rd, Warrenton, NC 27589, is only pretty quick off 85, its got a small parking lot (50 spaces maybe) and a random high tension power line off the ramp, easy to navigate but just an overall bad placement.

Theres also the Steel Bridge Boat Ramp on Rt 1, but its even smaller and more confusing layout.