• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake George? Any jetboaters

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
At lake George, NY - any jetboaters in the area to show us the town or the lake. Next stop Burlington Vt. Here until tomorrow am.

Zizzou 192

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I asked someone to do this for me once on a regular boat. Still waiting to convert on that one.

Did get to ride on a Hacker Craft there once.

Oh yeah, spent a summer there 2017 island camping, swimming, and sx192ing around.

So here's the deal:

Lake George is awesome and clean. Let's keep it that way!

Need to buy the boat permit.

Need to get rhe boat inspected before launch at a LG inspection station

To island picnic, dock, or camp you need a permit from the proper ranger station in the island group.

Use Navionics and or a chart as there are lots of unexpected features. There are also special rules for different parts of the lake that you will need to look up.

Try....

Shelving Rock Bay
Shelving Rock falls
Paradise bay
Any Island Camping or picnicing
The Glen Island Store
The Sagamore Hotel
Bolton Landing
Lake George Village

There used to be a crazy event there called Log Bay Day. RIP. Fun internet reading about that one.

I'm sure somebody else can expand this list...

Zonie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Calves pen, the narrows, you hit most of my favorites. Sorry we didn't see this sooner. We'll be camping in the narrows July 17-20.

SoxFan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Heading up to Lake George next week. So looking forward to it!
After seeing the suggestion above to see Shelving Rock Falls, I googled it and will definitely put that on our list.
Does anyone know if there is a secure place to dock for an hour or so in Shelving Rock Bay so we can hike up to the Falls?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
At lake George, NY - any jetboaters in the area to show us the town or the lake. Next stop Burlington Vt. Here until tomorrow am.
A bit late in seeing this. Sorry we missed you when you came to Burlington. I live 20 mins. away and the boat is only 10.

Zizzou 192

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Heading up to Lake George next week. So looking forward to it!
After seeing the suggestion above to see Shelving Rock Falls, I googled it and will definitely put that on our list.
Does anyone know if there is a secure place to dock for an hour or so in Shelving Rock Bay so we can hike up to the Falls?
Usually there are a bunch of boats anchored in Shelving Rock Bay with a bunch of people swimming around and frolicking around the shore (as seen in another Lake George thread). That is how most people get there by boat.

The only docks nearby are on Log Bay Island which are cruiser camping sites. Theoretically you could rent a dock on the island from Reserve America or the Glen Island Ranger Station, tie up the boat, then swim 200ft to the Shelving Rock Trail on the mainland.

Zonie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I always think of Shelving Rock Bay as Log Bay. The hike to the falls is not that far and as long as it's not too windy you are probably fine leaving the boat alone for a little while. As #zizzou 192 states, there are usually lots of boats anchored in the bay with people wandering around. We frequently will leave the boat unattended and just walk around the bay and talk to people. I think you'll be fine.

A couple of other things you'll want to check out, Calf's pen cliff diving. This requires at least one person on the boat because you can't tie up here. Even though you're only a few feet from shore, the water is about 170' deep. Fun to watch or jump (at least that's what my kids tell me, I don't jump here.)

Another fun and less scary place to jump is West Dollar Island up in the narrows. It's probably only 20' high but of course it always seems higher when you are looking down. Lots of fun and as long as you are there, head east to Paradise Bay. No anchoring in Paradise but it's secluded and very little wind so you can go in and float around and swim. Log Bay.jpg

Calf's Pen.jpg

Dollar Islands 1.jpg

Dollar Islands 2.jpg

SoxFan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Thanks for the info Zizzou 190 and Zonie.
Calf’s Pen and Dollar Island are now added to the list.
We are staying at Silver Bay. Last trip 4 years ago I had this Rattler greet me at the Diving rock across from Silver Bay. After I jumped in, he slithered to the edge and was ready to join me! I did my My best Michael Phelps dash!
upload_2018-7-30_20-57-48.jpeg

Zizzou 192

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Supposedly if you see one of those you can call a ranger and they will show up in a boat wirh a snake handling hook and rattlesnake cage...(A.K.A. boat hook and trash can) and "relocate" the snake.

The problem is rattlesnakes are territorial and slither right back to their old stomping grounds even from miles away.

Zonie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow! That's a big snake. I grew up in Arizona and have seen lots of big rattlesnakes; however, the biggest snakes I've ever seen were on the tongue of Lake George. We saw three in one day while on a Scout campout several years ago. I've never seen rattlesnakes anywhere else in NY and we spend a lot of time hiking.

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
FDD1DD0F-ED5F-4540-9991-84943F2DF7AB.png If your staying closer to the north end, Anthony’s nose is a great jumping spot as well, they have a tall one at about 40 feet and a smaller one at about 15, there’s no chance of hitting the bottom and no tight landing area, about 20 feet of sandy bottom you can anchor at. You’ll see other boats there for sure but here is a satellite photo

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
EC904373-4E5A-40B6-B8BA-AC0DA16833A9.jpeg 2804A827-E924-4C1F-978A-055289D103A2.jpeg
From our 2015 trip up there