• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Lanier Meeting: Spring 5/28

Rodney Findley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am trying to organize a Spring gathering for those interested. I didn't want to wait tool long as some might ready to kick off the season and we can spend some of the summer with some of our new acquaintances. I wanted to throw out a date of 5/28 @ 11am which is only 3 weeks away. We can set this as a tentative date if we need to move it back into June.
As far as location, I was thinking about meeting at the old Pier 29 dock. I will try and upload a map or if someone can post up the coordinates that would be great. There is never any boats there, just a few fishermen ever now and again. It would give us a chance to walk around the boats and casually talk and whatnot. After that we could all go to a location and maybe lounge around in the water or let any kids play, or maybe even grab a bite together?

I am just instigating this. If this place, time, or date is not good then let's talk it up and put something together, this was just my first pitch.......

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Tagging thread, thanks for initiating Rodney!
Need to check the calendar and the boss....

Rodney Findley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know it's the holiday weekend but this is what most boaters will be doing this weekend?

Hana

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not sure if we will be on Lanier or oconee. We live on this side of town but some friends of ours are near oconee. Needless to say if we're on Lanier we will be there!

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ill see what we're up to, ask the boss what the plans are... But, in all honesty we're 5 miles from Clarks Hill / Lake Thurmond and don't like going there on Memorial day because its so crazy. That date might be out for us right off. Def interested in meeting up and exploring other GA / SC lakes though.

Rodney Findley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So what do you guys think about moving it up a couple of weeks?

Thoughts?

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its hard for us to commit right now because we are still finishing up spring sports and school. If you set a date, we can see if we can come out to meet up. The calendar will really open up for us once school and sports are over.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
June would be easier for us since the kids are out of school. Memorial day is crazy on the water so were out for then.

Rodney Findley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am out of town the first couple of weekends in June so let's revamp for June 17.
I will hold that so we can get this going... I am going to try and drum up a couple new owners, not on the forum... If I can catch them on the water between now and then...

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bump. Anyone still interested in a saturday?

Nortok

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are out most Saturdays and would be interested.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
About to head to lake, normally around balus but if anyone else is gonna be out we can swing by and say hey.