• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Lanier tie up/poker run Sat July 21st

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Attached is an area on backside of island from main channel where my family will be hanging out for the day. We usually surf/tube in the open area in front. There is a small beach area we will back the boat into and anchor to let kids swim.

I have a magma grill and will probably ly do hotdogs for my kids so bring some food and if you need it cooked up no problem!

I believe some of the "go fast" boats will be leaving from the dam about 9-930am and headed up the main channel between us and port royal.

We are in a sx230 with black bimini mounted to tower hope to see yall out this weekend!!

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Trying to attached photo it says server error will attach asap

Nortok

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We will be out Saturday. Not sure where we are watching from yet. I will keep an eye out for you. We are typically a little south of there at the sand bars close to Van Pugh South boat ramp.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Went out surfing this afternoon/evening. The choke down at port royal especially with the no wake under bridge since they are working on it will make a lot of traffic.

I wont be going down the lake for the day this weekend just because its gonna he crazy.

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
May come over there Saturday morning. What boat ramp would you suggest using? Coming from the west side of Atlanta up 400.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Vans tavern or 2 mile creek boat ramps are off 369 (browns bridge) will get you north of the traffic around sunset/dam. Last I heard the go fast boats are planning on leaving dam 11am. The run from dam up left side of islands and channel to browns bridge will be busy for about 30min on way up and then rest of day as cruisers ect make the trip up and back.

I usually stay out of the way when big boats take off as they are going 80-110mph.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Due to weather expected to come through around noon on the lake we decided to skip the lake today. We just got cleared of the morning storms but the heavier stuff is expected between 12-2

Nortok

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We ended up going out after the morning storm. Ended up being a very nice day. There was a couple of other Yamaha's at the sand bar. Met a couple with a sx195 and another with a AR240. Unfortunately didn't get any pictures of the poker run boats.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There were some large boats on that poker run!

We saw several Yamahas on the water.

Despite the forecast the day was quite nice.

Wish I had seen the thread earlier!

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There were some large boats on that poker run!

We saw several Yamahas on the water.

Despite the forecast the day was quite nice.

Wish I had seen the thread earlier!
There is good amount of yamahas on Lanier. Depending on persons interests what many consider the best marina on lake is a local yamaha dealer and certified service center.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Check new thread we are going to meet up June 29th this summer for some fun. Exact location still being planned.