• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Mead Nevada!

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Anyone headed to Mead this weekend? Late notice, but we are rolling out first thing in the morning. Going to be up North of Echo Bay (Stewarts Point to be exact). Will be out there in a black AR190 and we will have camp setup on a little beach. I know its on the upper arm, but its a bit more "comfortable" up there too on busy weekends!

sudsandbunz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just got my boat, putting on finishing touches before heading out for the season. will be in touch

mpbassett44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@Tobes We're heading to Lake Mead July 8th-12th. We usually boat @ Havasu or Mohave, but never to Lake Mead. I need some advice on some of the best areas (coves, beaches, and canyons) to see on the lake. I've heard how big the lake is, and I don't want to miss the best spots. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

sudsandbunz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My input is that Las Vegas bay, the closest offshoot pointing toward vegas, is runoff fed from the gutters and the streets of vegas, mostly. We usually stay out of there. As far as popular hot spots, they vary. If you happen to drop in below the dam, lake Mojave area in the river, the little offshoots that have stagnant water gave everyone I know some pretty good swimmers itch last year. We always stay in the moving water areas when on the river if tube floating. My favorite boating beach spot is near MEADVIEW, and there is a big beach up there where lots of people gather and line up. The colorado dumps in, check google maps, and just below the inlet and just above SOUTH COVE is a large sandy beach where boats gather. Calville Bay marina is good. Nice restaraunt and bar. Temple bar has some beautiful scenery, and a small cafe bar. Thats all i have. Only been out on the lake a few times here and there.

mpbassett44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Thanks for the info! We are staying in Lake Las Vegas, and heading out at Calville Bay. I checked google, but I couldn't find Meadview? I've heard about how nice it is up by South Cove. How far is it from Calville Bay?

sudsandbunz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Oops, wrong google map... heres meadview. By street its a minimum 2 and a half hrs. If you had the cash to go by boat, temple bar is half way, if you needed fuel. the inlet to the Colorado is pretty neat. when you get to calville resort, the people that run the place were pretty friendly. Im sure they know the hot spots. seems to be the norm now, naked people all over the lake. LOL. Not against it, but just be on the ready if you have kids... lol

Attachments

Last edited:

mpbassett44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@sudsandbunz Thanks for your advice. It sounds like the best and most scenic part of the lake is the furthest from where we are launching from. I can't wait to go explore out there!

mpbassett44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I wanted to follow up with my trip to Lake Mead. We stayed at the Hilton in Lake Las Vegas. It's a great spot because you're 5 minutes from the entrance to the lake and you're 15 minutes from the Las Vegas Strip. Plus the hotel is really nice. It used to be a Ritz. I definitely recommend checking it out. Here are some pics. IMG_3817.JPGIMG_3886.JPG IMG_3939.JPGIMG_1092.JPG IMG_1115.JPG

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just found out I may be in Vegas this weekend.
I would like to hit Lake Mead, never got to do it but always wanted. Noticed they even have boat rentals (they rent freaking 19' yammies, too! lol)

If I only have few hours to go to the lake and rent a boat - should I go strait to the Callville Bay and just stay there - or does it make sense to ride any further? I would like to see the Colorado River channel, maybe even the Overton Arm?

Any advice would be appreciated!!!

--

mpbassett44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I've only hit up Lake Mead 1x, so I'm not familiar with the whole lake. We went out of Callville and shot left to the narrows. Great coves back there! It's not a long ride, and it's beautiful. Definitely recommend it. There's also an area called Sandy Beach that's right around the corner from Callville. That's a good spot if you're looking for a beach. Have fun!!

mpbassett44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
A different option would be to head down the river to Willow Beach. It's on the Lake Mohave side of the Hoover Dam. I'm not sure if they rent boats, but if they do, you can head up the river to see the dam. I've seen videos, and it looks awesome!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've only hit up Lake Mead 1x, so I'm not familiar with the whole lake. We went out of Callville and shot left to the narrows. Great coves back there! It's not a long ride, and it's beautiful. Definitely recommend it. There's also an area called Sandy Beach that's right around the corner from Callville. That's a good spot if you're looking for a beach. Have fun!!
Awesome, thank you!

--

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just found out I may be in Vegas this weekend.
I would like to hit Lake Mead, never got to do it but always wanted. Noticed they even have boat rentals (they rent freaking 19' yammies, too! lol)

If I only have few hours to go to the lake and rent a boat - should I go strait to the Callville Bay and just stay there - or does it make sense to ride any further? I would like to see the Colorado River channel, maybe even the Overton Arm?

Any advice would be appreciated!!!

--
Harbor House Cafe near Hoover Dam is a nice place to have a meal on the lake.

I saw 190s at the rental place on the same dock in March but did not have time to rent one.

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The rentals are pretty shitty on the lake. If at all possible, rent off the lake. That said, if you just want to cruise and see some shit, Ill go out depending upon when you want to go. I live about 20 minutes from boat launch. If you want to see the river, you have to dump in at Cottonwood Cove (Lake Mohave). Not sure if Willow Beach is still out of commission or not. If you just want to see the dam and get a picture from the water, you can do that from Lake Mead side.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The rentals are pretty shitty on the lake. If at all possible, rent off the lake. That said, if you just want to cruise and see some shit, Ill go out depending upon when you want to go. I live about 20 minutes from boat launch. If you want to see the river, you have to dump in at Cottonwood Cove (Lake Mohave). Not sure if Willow Beach is still out of commission or not. If you just want to see the dam and get a picture from the water, you can do that from Lake Mead side.
@Tobes thank you Sir! you are too kind. I'm still figuring out my super crazy schedule - appreciate your offer very much!

--

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
@Tobes thank you Sir! you are too kind. I'm still figuring out my super crazy schedule - appreciate your offer very much!

--
Ok, just let me know. I work Mon-Fri till about 2pm and have to teach Monday nights otherwise I am pretty free and can work something in somewhere. Shoot me a PM if you figure something out. I don't have a 24' boat, but if you were going to rent a used up 19', mine should be ok ;)

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length