• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Murray Floating Cabins - Ardmore, OK - June 5-7th 2015

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@txav8r will be taking the lead on organizing the event. He already rented a Villa and organized a gazebo for evening activities. He will update this first post with relevant information. I am really excited about everything that Lake Murray has to offer us.

The Lake Murray Floating Cabins have just opened their books for 2015 rentals. The weekend of June 5th to 7th 2015 has the most availability.

They extended everyone in our group a 20% discount!!!

These are the confirmed bookings so far

@txav8r, #21 North Villa
@Bruce, #13 West Cottage
@maboat, #12 Pod
@Christy, @Detonate and friends, # 9-#10 Pods
@PEARCE, #11 Pod
@Scottintexas , ? Villa
@farrelltravis #17 East Cottage
For anyone who does not remember the prior discussion, these are what I am talking about

These are fully furnished floating cabins with attached deck / docks to moor our boats, grill, fish and swim from. Many more pictures can be found online at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lake-Murray-Floating-Cabins/368986673112753?sk=photos_stream

Lake Murray is a beautiful 5,700 acre lake inside a 12,000 acre state park. It has beautiful water it an scenic undeveloped shoreline http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Murray_(Oklahoma)

For those that think that the floating cabins prices them out of the gathering, THINK AGAIN! The floating cabins are right beside the Lake Murray State Park (LMSP) lodge and their land based cabins! But they sell out quick, so give them a call today and meet us at the gathering! I will look for a better place to put the contact numbers but the LMSP Lodge and cabins can be reached at (580)223-6600.

Our member map shows that we have a large number of members within a reasonable distance of Lake Murray.

Screen Shot 2014-10-15 at 2.06.37 PM.png

@BlacklimitedS vacationed in one of the cabins this summer and had this to say

"I took the family to Lake Murray the week after July 4th. We stayed in the floating cabins and it was a blast. It is a rock bottom lake clear and blue green color. We stayed in the two bedroom unit with a fold out couch. The lake is about 9 feet low as they are selling water to other water districts. It is still 100 feet by the dam. Due to the lower lake levels I was not able to tie up to the cabin. They gave me a slip for the boat. We are going again next year same time. As said earlier they are usually booked and it is tough to accommodate a larger crowd. For this size cabin it was under $900 for three nights. They are fully furnished with washer and dryer. I did have to drive to Ardmore about 8 miles north to find reasonable gas. I am not suggesting a change just want to share my experience."

"Ours was the only cabin that was not accessible by boat as it was in a unique spot. All others should be good. The lake is as close to ocean colors without the salt I have seen. Definitely worth the trip!"

@LyonsAR210 also vacationed in one of the cabins and posted about it in the thread Home sweet home for the week!

Currently a 10 of the small one bedroom and sleeper sofa loaded pods, 2 documiniums, 3 eight person villas and a twelve person lodge are available. Rates are online at http://www.lakemurrayfloatingcabins.com/Rates

This looks like an awesome place for a gathering to me. So who is in?

Tagging everyone who was interested in the 2014 Texas / Oklahoma gathering -
@Christy, @maboat, @miketke, @DCB-270, @Bruce, @txav8r, @DoubleTrouble, @jawsf16, @farrelltravis, @Scottintexas, @PEARCE, @Detonate, @Julian, @bprender, @Mike Rock, @Backwash, @Cory, @HawkTX, @drjames1107, @justason, @flyin_dutchman, @BravoMike, @Silverfish, @MIDLIFECRISIS, @Boat Crazy, @Gym

Last edited by a moderator:

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Detonate and I are most likely in. I just need to double check the calendar. :)

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Need to check the calendar as well. Let you know.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
This would be a great trip. Do you know what the deposit, reservation requirements are and if we can hold space? In the past, we have been able to represent the forum and have them hold spots until spring for us at a fee resorts. That may not be the case here and shouldn't be a prerequisite, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Anyway, if you have info on this, it would be great intel. We
Want to do this, but obviously we are not going to know 100% until
Closer to time for it. But were looking forward to more gatherings and seeing everyone!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
date looks good to me, not sure if I can get a cabin but definitely would go to at least one day with the boat to meet everyone,

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This would be a great trip. Do you know what the deposit, reservation requirements are and if we can hold space? In the past, we have been able to represent the forum and have them hold spots until spring for us at a fee resorts. That may not be the case here and shouldn't be a prerequisite, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Anyway, if you have info on this, it would be great intel. We
Want to do this, but obviously we are not going to know 100% until
Closer to time for it. But were looking forward to more gatherings and seeing everyone!
I contacted them on the 15th of each of the last three months. It seems that they almost always sell out. So I am not sure how much cooperation we will be able to get.

I have forwarded the question and will let you know as soon as I have an answer.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you know what the deposit, reservation requirements are and if we can hold space?
Wendy answered quickly with "I have to have 25% down when the reservation is made. Unfortunately I can not hold the space unless the down payment is made." Seems reasonable to me.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard @okar230, I noticed you are in the right area so I am tagging you.

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi! So, I just got off the phone with them (wasn't Wendy...it was a guy, I think Rodney). Anyhow, he said that the first weekend in June is pretty much the ONLY weekend they have availability (in June at least).

They confirmed the 25% deposit...you have 10 days to send that in. The remainder of the fee would be due 15 days before arrival.

I asked about the cancellation policy and they said if cancelled prior to 15 days before arrival they charge $50. But then he went on to say they almost never charge since they can almost always get another renter.

Currently they have the Gazebo (can sleep up to 12 people, $860/night), one of the Villas (sleeps at least 7, $570/night), and all 12 of the pods (sleeps 2 adults & 2 children, $210/night) available for rent.

I talked to @maboat last night, he's definitely interested and so are me and @Detonate.

Is anybody else ready to commit? Are there any other lodging/camping options nearby for those that might not be ready to commit now or would rather cheaper lodging options?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is anybody else ready to commit? Are there any other lodging/camping options nearby for those that might not be ready to commit now or would rather cheaper lodging options?
We are in and plan to rent a pod. If any larger group wants to rent the East Cottage ($390 sleeps 6) I would upgrade to the West Cottage and we could have the entire structure for a group meal.

Lake Murray State Park has less expensive on shore cabins http://www.travelok.com/listings/view.profile/id.4358

Screen Shot 2014-10-17 at 10.59.54 AM.png

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Does anyone know what the three cabins in the pic @Bruce posted are? Are they pods or one of the bigger, they look too big to be a pod.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does anyone know what the three cabins in the pic @Bruce posted are? Are they pods or one of the bigger, they look too big to be a pod.
Their are photo albums with pictures of each type of accommodation online at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lake-Murray-Floating-Cabins/368986673112753?sk=photos_stream&tab=photos_albums

These are pods

Many of the pods are clustered

This is a villa which sleeps 8

This is a cottage

Here is an overhead picture of the complex. Perhaps we should focus on the row of pods which have red roofs. I suggest that we request the outside pods first in case there are issues with the water level.

Screen Shot 2014-10-17 at 12.43.25 PM.png

Zooming out a little it looks like there may be a sand bar area to hang out at north east of the floating cabins.

Screen Shot 2014-10-17 at 12.45.39 PM.png

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The state park has a 141 photos online at View all Photos

They have a Mini Golf course as well a a full golf course.

I am sure that we will partake in the Sno Cones!

This is the swim beach

This is one of the cabins

There is a hotel style lodge with a restaurant and game room

Lots of truck and trailer parking

They rent water toys and have this slide that I am sure my kids will want to try out

This is the playground

This is the nature center

This is Tucker Tower which is open to visitors

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Attention all, we will have a gazebo at our disposal moored to my villa for the evening festivities! It will allow us to gather after the lake and we will have a grill on our own dock adjacent. We will work out details as we go, but I felt this would best open up our possibilities!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Another update...the east and west cottage are not connected. The west cottage is attached to the guest dockhouse slips, and the east has to use one of the dockhouse slips.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Another update...the east and west cottage are not connected. The west cottage is attached to the guest dockhouse slips, and the east has to use one of the dockhouse slips.
That explains why I could not find them in the aerial photo!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have booked the West Cottage. Look forward to seeing everyone next year!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks christy. Anything isn't in the website but you find on there Facebook, post them up. I don't do social media, well, except for JETBOATERS.NET!

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is great news. I just booked pod#12

I've been wanting to do this for many years, but these cabins always book up fast. So excited to finally get to stay in one. :D

They also said they are working on a group discount for us (jetboaters). The more we get to sign up, the better the deal. He said our rates will for sure be less than the published rates. He just couldn't say for sure the exact amount at this time. If you have been thinking about this at all, I say BOOK IT NOW. These WILL fill up for sure.