• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Norman 24x7 boat ramp access

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Hi Guys. I am purchasing a new boat in North Carolina this weekend and thought I will hit up Lake Norman. What sand bars and restaurants do you guys recommend ? I am also looking for a 24x7 boat ramp along I 77 closer to Jetton Park or Ramsey Creek Park. I want to chill with a couple of friends late into the night and pull the boat out around midnight or so.

Cheers
Amar

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am purchasing a new boat in North Carolina this weekend.
Talk about burying the lead,

You have over 1k posts, do you really expect to post this and not tell us what it is or give us pictures,

@Betik can you believe this guy (or did he already tell you?)

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Talk about burying the lead,

You have over 1k posts, do you really expect to post this and not tell us what it is or give us pictures,

@Betik can you believe this guy (or did he already tell you?)

I dont want to jinx it @Scottintexas . This is how it happened. I was looking for an ocean boat since last october with atleast 2 engines to hit exumas in 2020 as I was not happy about my failed trip to Abacos in 2019. My wife caught me looking at boats in november, panicked and forced me to upgrade the house. Needless to say she emptied my bank account to get her dream house. So heart broken, broke and bored as I am right now and moping about in the lakes and rivers on my baby seadoo speedster, I made the mistake of taking one of my son's friend for a day of boating. Word spread in the neighborhood about his adventures, and I soon have an army of kids after me asking when I am gonna take them boating too. My son joined in the chorus and that got me thinking of getting rid of my speedster (4 seater) and upgrade to an 8 seater just to satisfy the little ones. So 4 days back I found a small 8 seater ( remember I am broke and cant aim big ;) ) spoke to the owner and agreed on the price. 3 days back put my speedster on sale and sold it yesterday. I will be picking up the 8 seater on saturday (fingers crossed) and then go to Lake Norman ( no wife or kids yay) and spend the weekend "testing" the boat. Once I buy the boat I will post the pictures. I honestly do not think I have a choice. My kids will kill me if I come back empty handed as I already sold their fun toy.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
yes I know how this works. It is not for me, it is for the kids. LOL
I have a motorcycle because the kids think it is cool. I also have a Mini because my wife likes driving it 5 MPH under the speed limit. It is all for the kids I am sure.......

@Amar Nanduri is this boat number 6? I lost track and I have not spoken to you in 6 months, so maybe you this is #7 or #8.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
yes I know how this works. It is not for me, it is for the kids. LOL
I have a motorcycle because the kids think it is cool. I also have a Mini because my wife likes driving it 5 MPH under the speed limit. It is all for the kids I am sure.......

@Amar Nanduri is this boat number 6? I lost track and I have not spoken to you in 6 months, so maybe you this is #7 or #8.
Hi @Betik . Yeah it has been more than 6 months. How are you and @Scottintexas holding out in Texas ? Unfortunately this is boat #4. It would have been boat #5 if my wife has not caught me trying to upgrade to an offshore boat. That exumas dream is still alive and kicking. Just have to find a great offshore boat. But it looks like everyone is holding onto their boats due to the goddamn corona virus. Will still keep looking.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Finally got the boat and enjoyed lake Norman. It is a 2011 Seadoo challenger 180 with 84 hours on the engine and can take 8. Should keep me going for a couple of years before I lose interest in it.

Attachments

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You mean a couple of months ?????

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
You mean a couple of months ?????
@Betik A couple of months will have the lawyers calling me up. Anu is awesome but she has her tolerance limits Lol

BTW I sold the chaparral signature also yesterday. I am going back to basics "jetboat" and will decide in a couple of years once the boat craze outside dies down, on what boat to buy. People outside are nuts and desperate for boats and it is crazy the way boat prices are going up. Once covid dies down or contained, the boat prices will crash as the boat wannabes will exit. Will enjoy the challenger in the meantime.

Priceisright

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi Guys. I am purchasing a new boat in North Carolina this weekend and thought I will hit up Lake Norman. What sand bars and restaurants do you guys recommend ? I am also looking for a 24x7 boat ramp along I 77 closer to Jetton Park or Ramsey Creek Park. I want to chill with a couple of friends late into the night and pull the boat out around midnight or so.

Cheers
Amar
I use to use a marina at lake Norman, but they have closed their ramp. Can’t remember the name