• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Lake Norman Area - New to Forum

Coolbreeze704

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Want to say hi and that I am looking forward to learning much about jet boats. Put down my deposit yesterday on a 2022 AR195 in white with my local dealer. I have lived on Lake Norman since 1988 but haven't had the desire to get back out on the water since I sold my 19ft 1991 Glastron in 1996. My 1st boat was a 16ft Ebbtide with a 150 Mariner outboard. Needless to say that engine was oversized for that transom but jolly could I get 2 people out of the water quick. Lots of good memories on that Ebbtide and Lake Norman back in the late 80's when glass was easy to find.

Want to make sure of a couple concerns I have. 1st I live at the back of a cove. Lake Norman has big swings in the water depth. I have a seawall I will tie down at on weekends and garage my boat during the week. The cove can range from 5ft deep at the seawall to less then 2 at times. Coming into the cove I imagine I need to be throttled down as much as possible. Will I cause issues with sucking dirt/sand at low idle pulling up or should I coast in when water is down?

2nd Any ideas on bumpers or mats I should consider when tied up to the seawall. Fastened or hung from seawall cleats or even ways to tie down without making any contact with the wall. I have a roll and go for a smaller 16ft Lund fishing boat I just sold but the Yamaha will weigh to much for it.

Anyway, thanks in advance and I look forward to getting to know you all more moving forward.

WS-Babz bumper buoy balls for the seawall maybe, keep the boat safe.

I have an SX190 and in 2-3 feet of water at lake norman, i'm not sucking up anything if i'm going no wake mode.

WS-Babz bumper buoy balls for the seawall maybe, keep the boat safe.

I have an SX190 and in 2-3 feet of water at lake norman, i'm not sucking up anything if i'm going no wake mode.

Is your profile pic you surfing behind the SX190?

Sure is, i have the wakebooster package from Yamaha (wakebooster and 2 cubes) i then added 2 more ballast bags. I surf with about 800-900lbs of ballast now but that picture was just the yamaha package. The additional weight makes the pocket longer and better push so i can keep going longer

@Coolbreeze704 Welcome and hopefully the wait for your new boat isn't too long!

Sure is, i have the wakebooster package from Yamaha (wakebooster and 2 cubes) i then added 2 more ballast bags. I surf with about 800-900lbs of ballast now but that picture was just the Yamaha package. The additional weight makes the pocket longer and better push so i can keep going longer
That is exciting to hear. I have 2 sons in their mid to late 20's I am hoping I will temp them to visit more if I have a good boat for them to get out on. They are both snow boarders and I worried my choice in the AR195 might limit them as I can see them wanting to eventually surf.

That is exciting to hear. I have 2 sons in their mid to late 20's I am hoping I will temp them to visit more if I have a good boat for them to get out on. They are both snow boarders and I worried my choice in the AR195 might limit them as I can see them wanting to eventually surf.
I was a snowboarder for 20+ yrs myself and the transition to wakesurfing was a natural fit and easy conversion

You will enjoy the AR 100%, they are great boats

You will enjoy the AR 100%, they are great boats

So glad to hear that. After you committ with the down payment it is easy to start doubting yourself. This forum will help me feel a lot more secure as I wait for delivery. Tons to learn also.

Back