• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Ouachita, Royal, AR

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lake Ouachita is a 40,000 acre Corps of Engineers owned lake. It has 690 miles of shoreline with State Parks, Camprounds and Marinas. The entire lake shore is owned by the Corps so there is very little development.

The lake has over 200 islands. We like to picnic and camp on the islands. Camping on the islands is not officially sanctioned but I have never had an issue doing so.

The lake is well stocked with Largemouth Bass, Small Mouth Bass, Spotted Bass, Bream, Crappie, Catfish, Walleye and world class Trophy Striped Bass.

The lake is home to non-stinging freshwater jellyfish that are only found in the cleanest lakes in the world.

Most of the lake is with a 30 minute drive of Hot Springs, AR where you can find theaters, restaurants, groceries, spas and even an amusement park.

You can find more information about Lake Ouachita at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Ouachita

Here are some pictures from our time on the lake.

pebblebe-120.jpg ncrystal-120.jpg ncrysta2-120.jpg ncrysta3-120.jpg emmabeac-120.jpg

Here is a nice video documenting the lake

Last edited:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Ouchita was a really cool trip we made in the boat. DSCN0812.JPG

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We may have to take a long weekend and check that lake out this summer. Especially if we don't get the rain that we desperately need this spring.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just Googled a little about this lake and looks like a beautiful place. Do you have any recommendations for cabin or hotel that Is close to a nice marina. Looking for maybe a resort with cabins within walking distance of covered rental slips. We stayed at a place like that on Table Rock a couple years ago and it was really nice.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think that http://www.mountainharborresort.com would be the nicest place for visitors to stay. They have a variety of accommodations, slips, a restaurant and a spa.

I have connections at http://www.crystalspringsresort.com who also have a very nice facility.

http://bradymountainmarina.com also has cabins, a marina and restaurant.

Lake Ouachita State Park is probably the least expensive option http://www.lakeouachita.org/lake-ouachita-state-park.htm

If the water remains low at Texoma, perhaps we could have the annual get together on Lake Ouachita? Maybe even rent a few houseboats and have floating accommodations http://www.houseboatingarkansas.com ?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Crystal Springs Resort is a place on the south side, toward the east end, it is a little more "lake resort" style for families and the marina is right there. It is more run of the mill but very nice with a good restaurant too. It is just south of some very good water and the island group that is a blast.

Way down on the west end of the lake is Mountain Harbor, that is where we stayed. It is first class all the way with a price tag that represents that. But the cabins are exquisite and plush. We had a unit that was right beside the guest boat house. So it was perfect. It too had full marina, restaurant, and more. They took great care of us...even when a storm took out 3 counties power, including most of the lake. They brought us huge coolers and ice for our perisibles , loaded our boat with ice daily, even reduced the bill in half at the end of the week...which included us eating at the restaurant instead of cooking at the cabin since we had no power.

Then there are several other very nice resorts there as well. But those are the two I know most about.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks guys! I'm loving this new forum.

The idea of a gathering on that lake for a group that's mostly in Texas is going to take some long range planning. We could do some sort of gathering this mid July, but it would be a reasonable priced cabin to sleep the four of us. Something with a small kitchen to prepare simple meals would be ideal. I know the places that y'all mentioned would cover those needs easily. I'm going to look into it more.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
With many of the houseboats having 6 or more bedrooms they might work out to be less expensive than the cabins if shared amongst several parties. Just don't take them for a cruise, they eat a huge amount of fuel.

When we stay on Lake Ouachita we typically camp on an island but we live 11 miles from Brady, 12.4 from Crystal and 20 from Mountain Harbor.

Backwash

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Best lake in state, no doubt. We have our houseboat at Crystal Springs. Pretty much our summer home!

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Best lake in state, no doubt. We have our houseboat at Crystal Springs. Pretty much our summer home!
My dad had their house boat at Crystal Springs! They sold it about 4 years ago.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It was never that smooth when I was there! Those are great shots!

Backwash

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, that's like a Tuesday morning at sunrise smooth. I never get wakeboard water that great though.

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Beautiful. When we were there the wind kicked up pretty good and chopped the water up, so we headed back to Hamilton. I would like to make Ouachita a destination for a week rather than just visiting it for a day.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here are some pictures from our swimming and sunset dinner cruise with @Backwash and family on Monday.

ShiskabobsOnSwimDeck.jpg

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That is a beautiful lake!! Great pictures!!