• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Saint Clair - Michigan

KevJul2019

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last season around the end of July I bought my current and first boat. 2015 SX192. Looking to meet people and families with boats on Lake Saint Clair. Any boat clubs or meeting spots I should know about??

John83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any other Yahama's on Lake St.Clair?Would like some more import on how these boats handle the lake.Please share your info with me

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We will be boating on Lake St. Clair all summer a family of 4 + friends no doubt. Actually we just were out looking at the launches at the Clinton River outlet in Anchor Bay. Getting out of the house for a bit. I have a new 2020 AR210 that I am picking up sometime next week. They are prepping and putting on a Bow Cover for me.

John83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very nice boat you have there Sir!We we're looking at a 21' Yahama but not sure how it'll ride on the lake when all the 30's are out chopping up the water.Do you know anyone else with the 21' Yahama's out there?

John83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thinking a deep vee will handle much better,but love the layout of the Yahama's and the jet drives.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I spoke with another owner of a 2018 210 and one who has a 2019 210 and they said it handled great. I rode in one late last year in 3 footers and it had trim tabs it felt and rode great on Lake Erie. Of course you have to pick your days as well. They run theirs on Lake Michigan, Lake St. Clair and Lake Erie, as well as they have done the Bimini Trip. I was looking for a balance between cost, size in big lake water as well as enjoying the many lakes we have here in the state as well as up north like Torch Lake etc., room enough for the family and their friends and what I wanted to tow. I really wanted a jet drive for water sports as well as safety with the kids, and the resale value of the Yamaha's is better than most. That way if I want to go 24 or lose my mind and get a 27 in a few years I could or just stay with the 21. Finally the dual engines put me at ease in case I lose one I can get to safety.

John83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I appreciate the input,first reliable source I've talked to with a Yahama on that lake. Definitely considering the boat more now.Watched a video with the trim tabs installed,sure makes a huge difference.You mind as well sell me the new AR210 now and go get that 27'😂👍

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not a problem. Once she shows up late next week we will be heading out on the water.. My trim tabs are on order, but I will have the Cobra Jet Steering installed and I will let you know how it handles. We are going to do the break-in in Lake St. Clair. Most Likely Anchor Bay area. Trying to do full 10 hours and oil change before the holiday weekend. Anyhow it is about the only thing we can do in this state right now besides golf. We will be goin gin at either Metrobeach MetroPark or just a bit north at the State Launch at the Clinton river mouth.

John83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What dealer did you buy from and you get any bonuses add in if you don't mind me asking?We live about a mile from anchor bay,where we do our boating as well. Looking forward to hear about your maiden voyage, be safe! ✌

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sent you an IM with info.