• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake testing 2015 Yamaha 240 Limited S

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Good Morning , first let me say thank you to all the fine contributors to this excellent board, and to the people that put it together and keep it running.

I sold my Four winns just before labor day this year, with the idea of being ready to pull the trigger on the right Yamaha 24 fter. We were mostly looking for an AR240, but not set in stone. Yesterday saw a 2015 on ebay, was concerned about the seller being a 1st time user, but we reached out, made an 90 min trip to see it. We got back in the car, and my wife says "I want it, its the right boat" Great wife, smart lady obviously. The owner is going to meet us the lake today, and I was searching for a pre purchase checklist , but has no luck finding one on here.
Can anyone point me to one geared towards jet boats? I have plenty of boating and trailing experience, but my only limited knowledge of jet boats has been gained from JB's.

I will update my profile page, but I am Cary NC.

Thank you very much !

Last edited:

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My boat is older but generally you want to be able to punch it without getting any cavitation. Look the impellers over real close. They should not have any dings. Bring a flashlight. Engines are robust and it would be unusual to have any issues with them.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ok, that is helpful, thank you for your replies.

Phreddei

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Maintenance records first and foremost. Let him drive away from dock. Does he let it warm up ? Or does he pin it after engine running only a couple minutes . I have a friend who takes off from dock WFO after only a minute or two of run time. It makes me cringe every time. That would kill the deal for me.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks, good suggestions. Turns out he took a deposit on it early this morning, so we will keep looking. At least I will be ready with all this info next time.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That happened to me at least 4 times when I was looking for my boat. These boats sell fast if priced reasonably. You have to be ready to pull the trigger or someone else will on you. Seems to be much more demand than supply for these boats.