• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Travis Gathering?

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has there been a gathering on Lake Travis in the past? If not let's try to get one together!

We are out there just about every weekend.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Following. I live in the Dallas area, but like to take the boat down south at least once per season. If the timing works for me, I'll be looking for ya!

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@maboat notice you don't have Belton Lake conquered on your list. If you ever head down here, let me know. I live a stones throw from the lake. How did you like Lake Whitney? Thinking about heading up there one of these weekends

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
True, I have been past and driven around Belton Lake a few times, but never had my boat on it. Maybe someday....

Lake Whitney is nice. Not my favorite, but its fairly high on the list. It has some high cliffs and deep coves that is not very common among most other N. Texas lakes and thus is more scenic than many other lakes near me. However, I don't think it beats Belton from what I can tell. Of course, I'm just guessing until I actually get ON Belton Lake myself :rolleyes:

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jameskeller76, @Micah Thompson - I'm planning on a day trip to Travis soon. Where do you guys normally hang out on the lake?
We usually anchor up to swim in the Jonestown area, its shallow and a no wake zone. Eat at Gnarly gar (although we just got a Magma so it will be less this year). On crowded weekends we'll head further north to the Pace Bend Park area. Lots of cliffs to jump off of up there too. We typically have the kids with us so we'll avoid Devils Cove and Hippy Hollow but on adult boats days nothing is off limits.

upload_2017-3-30_15-33-54.png

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hmm, never been to Lake Travis, this map is GOLD!!!! lol

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah, this is a great map! I've done the Devil's cove thing and know about Hippie Hollow but have never been myself. If this weekend wasn't going to be rainy, I had plans of trailering the boat somewhere new. I'm down for a trip to Travis late April/early May weather depending.

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, this is a great map! I've done the Devil's cove thing and know about Hippie Hollow but have never been myself. If this weekend wasn't going to be rainy, I had plans of trailering the boat somewhere new. I'm down for a trip to Travis late April/early May weather depending.
Ping me when you do!

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just FYI to anybody looking at the map but hasn't been on Lake Travis before, it is a HUGE lake. Its a LONG boat trip from Hippie Hollow to Pace Bend.

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just FYI to anybody looking at the map but hasn't been on Lake Travis before, it is a HUGE lake. Its a LONG boat trip from Hippie Hollow to Pace Bend.
Yup!

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Where would be a good place to launch the boat? Coming from DFW.

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Where would be a good place to launch the boat? Coming from DFW.
I've only ever launched by Mansfield dam but that puts you on one end of a very large lake. @jameskeller76 would probably know.

Not to hijack this thread....but my wife and I are camping and boating at Lake Whitney. Never been so thought it'd be fun to check out a new lake. Be fun to meet up with some other jetboaters out there!

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've only ever launched by Mansfield dam but that puts you on one end of a very large lake. @jameskeller76 would probably know.
I agree. Mansfield Dam has a large ramp with lots of parking. Since I'm coming from DFW I've only been to Travis a few times and I launch at Mansfield Dam and just cruise up river for 1/2 day as far that takes me and then turn around and head back. If you had a goal to check out the Pedernales branch or go all the way up to Marble Falls, then would probably be better launching at Pace Bend or Largo Vista

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length