• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Wallenpaupack ,Pa

Ray525

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had a great time at Lake Wallenpaupack this weekend..Anyone looking for a nice place to camp and boat, this lake is nice...Took the camper and boat and stood Thurs. To Mon.. It was $8 to launch and $15 to keep overnight on slip..The camping with water and electric came out to less than $150 and that was with the slip and camping included..I think it has 4 islands on lake where you can pull up and BBQ(no camping allowed) ..It also has a free public slip,but was told it gets busy..The name of place I camped was Wilsonville Rec Area.(small but nice)

Attachments

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great info! Thanks

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My home port, baby!!!4c43d0063189f7b665d4cabea18f2905.jpg

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
caffrey.jpg

Ledgedale.jpg mangan.jpg
Ledgedale and Mangan Cove have the biggest paved lots, depending on what end of the lake you're on. Both seem to fill up at about the same rate (best of my knowlege). Mangan is a free State ramp. All the others charge a fee. Wilsonville, Caffrey and Ironwood Point I'm not as familiar with from land. Ironwood looks cramped from the water and I think is more suited to Jet Ski's and smaller boats. I've been to Mangan Point. It has a nice lot and good ramps.
From the website..."There is only one "public" (read:free) boat launch ramp, which is located in Mangan cove, adjacent to the dam, off of Pa. route 590. It is maintained by the Pa. Fish and Boat Commission, and offers a good sized parking lot along with toilet facilities and places to load and unload your boat. There are also launch ramps located at the 4 PP&L campsites which surround the lake. These are open to the public, but you are charged a fee to use them. Most of the full service lake side marinas also offer ramp access for a fee."
View attachment 81663 caffrey.jpg

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We were up at our place this past week. Unfortunately it rained almost every day at some point. We got out from Wednesday to Saturday for a few hours each day. Water is still nice and warm. There's a nice cove to anchor in that runs along Ledgedale Rd. near Sterling Marina that is fairly shallow and calm. We hung out near Shuman Point just North of Epply Island a few times this week too. You can anchor and the drift will swing your stern toward shore in about 4-5 feet of depth...close enough to swim to the rocky shore. Epply.jpg
BTW...does anyone know who owns the gray 242 Limited S in the Kemf (WLE) marina on Dock B?

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Billtex2000 Do you know when the ramps are closed for the season? I am panning a trip for the last weekend of September (27-30).. Do they shut down after labor day or is it still good thru October? Thanks

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My marina always closes the Wednesday after Columbus Day. This year it's October 16th. I would give a call to the marina you're planning to use and make sure that their ramp will be open. You should be fine for that weekend but keep in mind that the lake level will be low! My ramp is unusable by that time so I try to get my boat out of the slip by late September. I'm pretty sure Ledgedale stays open well into the fall. Be careful of your depth. Even though it's a deep lake, there are some obstacles that pop up when PPL draws down the lake.

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the insight!