• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Winnebago

Justin G.

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thinking about going to Lake Winnebago, Wis for Labor Day weekend. We have never been there before. Has anyone been there before and if so have any recommendations?

YamahaKub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I am from this area. Lots of boating destinations. You could boat for days going up rivers or around the lake hitting various bars and restaurants. Various hang out locations. Multiple lakes are all connected. Water is very brackish with very low visibility. We were out there last weekend and there was a lot of algae in the water. Many shallow areas, so pay attention to maps or follow others/channels in key areas. Most jet boats are good. But you never know. I am new to jet boating and have only been on the lake with my boat a half dozen times this summer. The local Yamaha dealership is pretty active in setting up group activities. Team Winnebago Land. Can find them on face book. https://www.facebook.com/twlmarinecenter/

Good group of guys. Perhaps reach out to them to see if there are any planned gatherings. I won’t be around this weekend. Otherwise I would be out there. Let me know if you want any specifics. Again, new to jet boating, so most of my knowledge of the area is not about on lake details.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Justin G. You should consider Lake Geneva! Much deeper, lots of room and excellent views! And... it's a couple hours closer. Let me know if you go, we'll be up there all weekend (barring the weather cooperates)

Justin G.

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Justin G.

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am from this area. Lots of boating destinations. You could boat for days going up rivers or around the lake hitting various bars and restaurants. Various hang out locations. Multiple lakes are all connected. Water is very brackish with very low visibility. We were out there last weekend and there was a lot of algae in the water. Many shallow areas, so pay attention to maps or follow others/channels in key areas. Most jet boats are good. But you never know. I am new to jet boating and have only been on the lake with my boat a half dozen times this summer. The local Yamaha dealership is pretty active in setting up group activities. Team Winnebago Land. Can find them on face book. https://www.facebook.com/twlmarinecenter/

Good group of guys. Perhaps reach out to them to see if there are any planned gatherings. I won’t be around this weekend. Otherwise I would be out there. Let me know if you want any specifics. Again, new to jet boating, so most of my knowledge of the area is not about on lake details.
Thanks for the info. We definitely want to go but it looks like there is some flooding so we r going to go to the Mississippi River as long as that isn't flooded. I hope u like your jet boat. We love ours...we did the Bimmi trip in 2015 and that was a blast. We are always looking for new places to our SX240. Hopefully we can still get up there this year.

Justin G.

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Justin G. You should consider Lake Geneva! Much deeper, lots of room and excellent views! And... it's a couple hours closer. Let me know if you go, we'll be up there all weekend (barring the weather cooperates)
Hi sofakingbig... we have been to Lake Geneva a couple of times but didn't like that u had to wait forever to launch the boat. It wouldn't be bad but we have 3 little ones and they can't wait that long. However my wife and I went there for our anniversary in October one year and bought the boat. We stayed at the Geneva Inn and used their slip that was fun but cold. We might do that again this year.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Justin G. Depends on where you launch from, did you launch at Williams Bay, they are usually a wait. We launch downtown Lake Geneva. We are season pass holders and do get priority treatment from the dock masters there. Let me know if you go I can let them know to extend the courtesy. It is a really great boating community and great crowd.

Either way, I'm sure you'll enjoy your weekend regardless of location!