• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Winnipesaukee suggestions?

Mtschelling

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Anyone ever been and brought their boat? Have some friends that are frequent visitors and rave about it. Would be interested in making a summer trip with the boat and a few friends and significant others. Easy enough to launch daily? Look for a place with a dock? Ideal area of the lake to stay?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beautiful lake.
I have never boated there, only motorcycle riding with the misses. I have had friends rent houses there with boat docks. I like the northern end more for the resturant choices. And there is Weirs beach with lots of bars and hotspots.
Thats the area where Laconia bike week is held so you know there is more there

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just north of Meredith on route 3 there is a small town of Holderness and a nice resturant(Walter,s Basin) overlooking Squam Lake. Which is where they filmed On Golden Pond

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My uncle has a place up there and a 28' 75+mph boat. It's wild! It gets pretty choppy and it's probably freezing cold now.

pagekl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Mtschelling, we went to Winnipesaukee back in 2012 and stayed at the Margate hotel which is located right on the lake. Google it. Overall, clean, but dated as it is seasonal. It has a beach area and restaurant right out back and a dock (no launch) to keep your boat at free of charge, however, first come, first served. Right to the left of the hotel/beach area, there is a shallow spot to drop anchor and chill/swim. I ended up launching from a marina about 10 minutes away that charged about $25 (then) to launch your boat. I launched each day I was there as my wife didn't know how to operate the boat and was scared to drive my truck with the trailer behind it. At the time,we lived in New Haven, CT and made the trip as I had heard it was nice. Glad I took my boat and regret not going back once more before moving. Beautiful lake and for anyone within a few hours drive of there, well worth taking the boat. You won't be sorry, but you will if you don't.

SoxFan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Spent a week on Winnipesaukee for the first time this past Summer and had a blast. Stayed at the Naswa and already look forward to staying there again. Great upbeat atmosphere with a bar/restaurant right on the water. They have a large dock that is free for guests. Tons of great day/night trips on the lake. Highly suggest familiarizing yourself with the lake before your visit. I downloaded the Navionics app and used it every day - extremely helpful. Heard the lake patrols are strict on checking the out of state boaters for certification so I kept my Coast Guard approved boating course card with me- never was checked but good to have.
Highly recommend the trip.

Phreddei

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Winni has 45mph speed limit .

Mtschelling

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Spent a week on Winnipesaukee for the first time this past Summer and had a blast. Stayed at the Naswa and already look forward to staying there again. Great upbeat atmosphere with a bar/restaurant right on the water. They have a large dock that is free for guests. Tons of great day/night trips on the lake. Highly suggest familiarizing yourself with the lake before your visit. I downloaded the Navionics app and used it every day - extremely helpful. Heard the lake patrols are strict on checking the out of state boaters for certification so I kept my Coast Guard approved boating course card with me- never was checked but good to have.
Highly recommend the trip.
Thanks. Looked into the Naswa and looks like a good spot with a lot of positive reviews. How was the dock arrangement during your stay? Assume first come first serve? Launching close by?

SoxFan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
If you stay at the Naswa, it includes a guaranteed spot at their dock (no charge). If the slips are full they will double up a temp restaurant guest and put you in to your own slip. The dockhands were very helpful.
Launching was at a marina just across from the resort - very easy.
Lots to do on the lake. A good trip was a ride up to Merideth Bay for dinner & drinks and an evening cruise back to Naswa under the stars. There is a sandbar nearby to R&R at anchor among a lot of other boats.
You'll enjoy this lake if you decide to go. We sure did.