• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Las Vegas (previously Oakland) Raiders ticket costs

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I live about 10 miles from the Stadium the Raiders played at until this year. One of my friends has been a die hard raiders fan most of his life. As has season tickets and never misses a home game.

Yesterday the Raiders played their first game at their new stadium in Vegas. I asked my friend if he bought season tickets and was shocked by his response.

“Ronnie, the cost of the season tickets this year for me would have been $7k for 10 home games, so $700 per ticket per game. The personal seat license for me is $18k per seat. So the first year buy in price is $25k. I already paid $10k for the PSL in ‘95 when the Raiders moves back to Oakland from Los Angeles, this is not transferable to the new stadium. On top of this I can’t sell any of the tickets to the games I could not make it to because ticket holders are not currently allowed to watch the game from inside the stadium.”

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's getting to the point that the average fan can't even afford to go to a major sporting event.

We live 1.5hrs away from Chicagoland Speedway and have gone to a lot of NASCAR race weekends in the past but prices keep going up and I'm only willing to fork out so much money for something like that. We even got by cheap because we have friends that have their farm about 2 miles from the track and stay at their place for free but just the ticket food and beverage prices are enough to make us stop going. We took the kids a few years back to just experience the racing but unless we get some dirt cheap ticket we're probably done going to NASCAR races.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
LOL - at least he can buy tickets. Here in Packer Derp Land there's a generational (seriously, people put their newborn kids on a waiting list) long wait for season tickets. Last time I was at a game you could tell that the majority there were well-to-do average football fans. At this point, you have to be. On another note, F the NFL and the political megaphone it's become. F the players who preach from their mansions and easy lives about social issues they don't experience. I haven't watched a game yet this year, which is a continuation of the last five years. May they burn to the ground.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ticket prices have always been a problem for the Raiders, naturally and especially during the years when they do well. The last season the went to the super bowl our priest asked at the end of Sunday’s sermon before a playoff game, who among us were Raiser fans, almost everyone raised their hand. The next question, who is going to the game? Not one person in crowd of 400+ raised their hand.

I remember going to a Warriors game 15 years so ago When they sucked. Tickets were $25ish at half court in the third section up. 3 or 4 years ago we got nose bleed seats for $80 each, parking was another $40 and of course we had to get some food and souvenirs. It turned into a $500 night (actually about 3 hours) . the $1 mid week baseball games for the A’s are over , I’m not sure the Giant’s ever had them once they moved to their new stadium in SF about 15 years ago. Still $700 per game as a season ticket holder of the Raiders just seems ridiculously high.

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't know if I'm getting old man syndrome but I just don't see the value in it,

Was always an NFL fan but even back in the 90's it was a$50 ticket that I wasn't willing to pay and now/previously as a fair weather Cowboy fan I've never been to the new stadium but at $50 to park and $$ to get a decent seat that you don't have to watch the jumbotron, I'm not in and I'm definitely not spending the money for the family to go,

in the 90's when we first moved to DFW my wife and I went to about 15-20 MLB games a year at the old, old ballpark. The ranger's were building a new stadium and we seriously considered season tickets, luckily the seat license was enough to sour us on purchasing,

The player strikes/lockouts in the past had soured me on sports and help me find other things to enjoy, little bits each time but the with the Wuhan virus shutdown and their political posturing it's really showed me I don't need any of it in my life,

Being older I also understand the sports organizations aren't marketing towards me anymore (accept maybe the PGA !). Me or my demographic isn't even a blip on their radar but of my three kids they have no, as in ZERO interest in professional sports teams (nothing like I did growing up).

Last edited: