• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Last cruise of the season....

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Took a cruise to look at the fall colors today.....last trip of the season. Pulled the boat out and met a prospective new member cleaning his Sx240.

IMG_0660.JPG IMG_0651.JPG IMG_0638.JPG

Looks like a nice day. I wish I could have taken ours out today for the first and last cruise of the season but I'm trying to get the basement finished for the wife. I guess I'll just get to stare at it and sit in it in the shop until spring.

@Julian I missed you again. Were you out on Falls? We were out testing our new TVXL's from 12 to 2:30.

Love the GBH on the danger marker.

I should have stayed another day! I could have gone for a cruise on the hydrotherapy!

Awesome photography! Fall cruising offers some of the clearest and smoothest water I have ever experienced. What a beautiful day for you. I refuse to call it a season until I get to try out the TVXL and change some oil on the water after a long run. Are you WOT in the second pic? That's a pretty flat wake.

I should have stayed another day! I could have gone for a cruise on the hydrotherapy!

whats this all about?......were you local to the greater RDU arena?....
clint.png

@Julian and @Paulie I missed you both! I was out there from noon till about 3 and didn't see any other Yamaha's. I actually swung over to the marina when we first dropped in and saw your boat covered @Julian . Then we hung out over on the east side of 50. Might try to go out one more time this weekend since I didn't winterize the boat (need to order the flush valve so I can fog).

My youngest daughter and I
IMG_20141108_141209671_HDR.jpg

IMG_20141108_133611865.jpg

IMG_20141108_141036129.jpg

OOPS! My bad! I just noticed you went out yesterday. I saw this late last night and saw yesterday as the datestamp. It must have been after midnight when I looked at it. I was out Sat.

I was on a layover @justason . Is Apex in the RDU area? Julian and Moria drove over to Raleigh to have lunch. Again, thank you both @Julian ! I have to tell you Julian, the colors on your cruise look awesome. We saw a little of the color leaving. I guess while you guys were out enjoying a nice Sunday cruise, I was taking a lightning strike out of Miami! Thanks again for the lunch and it was great to see you both. Didn't really feel like I was meeting you both for the first time, lol.

I intended to ask you, following the story about Moria's fall from the boat, if you knew about the wing sections @JetBoatPilot has for the boat. This is for my year and model but I have seen them on the gull wing door models too. All those surfaces are slick city if your foot is damp at all! Thanks again for lunch and for posting your fall cruise!
jetboatpilot gunwale pads.jpg

So Julian...showing us what a Canon 70D can do?
What were your settings?

Yhea, what a difference a nice camera makes. I have been using the iPhone way too much and it takes terrible pictures.

Nice pictures @Julian

@buckbuck I was playing with different settings....I tried out the "Scene" landscape setting...it works nicely and just optimizes aperture over shutter speed. Loving the 70D!

@Paulie and @96Pirate sorry I missed you guys....I did a quick cruise on the main part of the lake, then went over to tree swing cove and the other coves around there seeking totally calm water for good reflections and deciduous trees.

I'm going to have to come join you guys one weekend......orrrrr, you guys could come to the coast!

Last edited:
@redthumper9 Sounds great. I am always looking for new places to take the boat. What's it like, boating down the New River?

We didn't make it down to the coast this summer....but we WILL next year!!! Our Shelbyville IL trip was the big trip this year!

So perhaps we should plan a NC gathering again this year????

@Paulie .......the New River is okay. It's great if you just want to make a quick run after work or just out doing watersports. Sometimes we put in there and ride to Sneads Ferry to some of the sandbars there. However, when you get used to the cleaner water and Sandy beaches near the ICW, it hard to stay away from them. We spend a majority of our time near Swansboro/Emerald Isle, but this year we made the trip to Morehead/Beaufort/Cape Lookout a few times and we also went toward Wilmington a couple of times. Hopefully we'll be able to get together with a few of you RDU types next summer.

We didn't make it down to the coast this summer....but we WILL next year!!! Our Shelbyville IL trip was the big trip this year!

So perhaps we should plan a NC gathering again this year????
Does that mean you're not going to make it to Shelbyville in July?

Does that mean you're not going to make it to Shelbyville in July?

That is correct. We will likely come to Shelbyville again...but not every year...its a long way to haul the boat, and we like to do events like this with our boat....we tried the ride along approach one year, and it works well, but there's something about being on one's own boat....

Back