• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Last day on the water 2020

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Tomorrow will be my last day on the water, pulling the boat out on Tuesday and dropping it off to be winterized. I’ve learned a lot during my first year of boating I and don’t think I would have gotten to the end with any sanity left if it wasn’t for this great forum and the people who post here.

Starting to plan upgrades for next season (current trim tab group buy, audio upgrade, maybe replacing both batteries) so as I wade my way through these topics I’m sure I’ll have questions on them.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did Lake St. Clair last Wednesday and pretty much did the same thing. Game Over for the year.

Daren and Heather

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m in Minnesota, and not ready to accept this yet. Think I might wait till mid October.

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
It’s still 89* in Denver. Going to go out later next week.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
It was 73 today out on the water and beautiful, bit hazy so no bimini needed. The cooler air set a new speed record for me too, 53.3 with half a tank and the wife with me. Tomorrow is expected to be 75 and partly sunny again...might be the last good weekend though.
:(

Troy JK

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The heat here in the summer is brutal, but the up side is ive never had to winterize anything.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m pretty sure today was my last boating day of this season. Tomorrow My son will use the PWCs for the last time this season. I’ve already got stabil in all the lines so I just need to fuel the jets (skis)/top off the tanks and I’m done winterizing.

my Wife and friends.
0CDA6063-853A-4731-97CE-2D5220E53312.jpeg

As for this pic, in the words of Dave Chapelle,
“I was repulsed BUT I COULD NOT TURN AWAY!

52554E84-58BB-480E-BA6E-F832DCE59993.jpeg

Last edited:

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Tomorrow will be my last day on the water, pulling the boat out on Tuesday and dropping it off to be winterized. I’ve learned a lot during my first year of boating I and don’t think I would have gotten to the end with any sanity left if it wasn’t for this great forum and the people who post here.

Starting to plan upgrades for next season (current trim tab group buy, audio upgrade, maybe replacing both batteries) so as I wade my way through these topics I’m sure I’ll have questions on them.
@WiskyDan ......regarding the batteries - AGM TPPL by faaaaar the best in nevery respect! :cool:

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@WiskyDan ......regarding the batteries - AGM TPPL by faaaaar the best in nevery respect! :cool:
Thank you for the feedback. I have a pair of Interstate batteries at the moment but have no idea how long they’ve been in the boat.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yesterday turned out to be a nice “last day”. Was supposed to be choppy but things were fairly calm most of the day.

Had a couple more to get to my three beer limit - alternating with bottles of water.

CD801C14-4570-454D-B248-99039201B39C.jpeg
7BA4B330-9C9B-477C-8F15-8E37C83B2C1C.jpeg

Got her out of the water, emptied out, and hull cleaned up with some Hot Sauce.

38659232-107A-4B35-B346-6463BDBB3782.jpeg

Also had time to pull the carpet and carpet snaps so I can install my SeaDek in the spring. Filled the snap holes with 3M 4000 sealant so I should be all set.

Last edited:

mistercool88

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I’m pretty sure today was my last boating day of this season. Tomorrow My son will use the PWCs for the last time this season. I’ve already got stabil in all the lines so I just need to fuel the jets (skis)/top off the tanks and I’m done winterizing.

my Wife and friends.
View attachment 134311

As for this pic, in the words of Dave Chapelle,
“I was repulsed BUT I COULD NOT TURN AWAY!

View attachment 134313
old double barrel daryl

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Dropped her off at Team Winnebagoland this morning. Getting winterized and some things taken care of before going into storage:

Issues known at time of sale about a month ago:
  • Small void in the fiberglass in the open storage space on top of the head. Going to body shop to be fixed.
  • Shipping cover not present. Will be installed after winterization.
  • Stern walk-through cushion not present. Came in a week ago and now stored in head compartment.
Issues discovered since taking ownership that will be addressed:
  • Depth gauge stuck at zero feet.
  • Port side engine shuts off 2-3 times when first starting - fine once it warms up.
  • Port side tower mini speaker stopped working - starboard side is hit/miss.
  • Checking to make sure the Lateral Thrusters are installed correctly. I called JetBoatPilot and Will tried returning my call once but repeated follow up calls/messages have been ignored. I know that many rave about JBP’s customer service but my experience has been completely opposite - not impressed at all.
Today was the first time that I’ve ever trailered a boat and it went fine. Got it on the trailer on Saturday and picked it up at the marina using a rental pickup (Chevy Silverado) from U-Haul. It’s only about 10 miles from the marina to the dealership and it went smooth.

906Tony

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
what is it with that stern walk through cushion missing, I just bought a used AR and it was also missing. Are those an option on the ARs?

Captain_Ron65

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm holding out for an Indian summer here in Tennessee and go at least one more time. I might also do a late October fall color cruise, I can see the Smoky Mountains from my home lake and it should be beautiful.

Last edited:

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
what is it with that stern walk through cushion missing, I just bought a used AR and it was also missing. Are those an option on the ARs?
I guess they either fly off while you’re on the water or while the boat is being trailered.