• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Last minute trip to Destin

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Wife and I snuck out to Destin for a long weekend. Will check out the posts on what to do.

If anyone is out and about in that area and want to meet up let me know. We will probably check out Crab Island tomorrow.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How'd it go? We had the 41st Annual Destin Seafood Festival this weekend. Not sure if you're still here to enjoy it.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It was just a 4 day trip. Really glad we took the noat down.

Really liked the intercostal part along the island. Saw dolphins, a turtle and a manatee.

Much better than staying on the beach.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@AlphaKap you lucky dog! I've lived in Destin my entire life and have only seen 1 manatee and he was dead. People see them all the time. Just no luck for me. Where did you see him?

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I was surprised to see it. I have seen them near Sarasota but did not know they frequented that area. It was a bit north of crab island.

We saw a few 242s out there. One by the islands on the intercostal. Another one named Jet Blast. And a white one near Lulus.

Familyjetboat

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are docked near Fort Walton Beach for the week. Let me know if you go out. We will try to meet up. We went to Crab Island yesterday and to an island. Definitely a different perspective than just hanging on the beach. We are going to try to fish tomorrow.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Familyjetboat hope y'all had fun. We ended up going out Wednesday for a bit. We have tons of jelly fish here now moving through. Didn't see your post in time.

nofd843

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Can't wait to get back in the water down there.