• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Laurel Lake Ky

Lawson2479

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Laurel River Lake has 5,600 acres of water surface and nearly 200 miles of tree-lined shore. You can enjoy boating, swimming, fishing and camping. 20 min from I-75, big enough to play all day but small enough that most go to Lake Cumberland, which is an hour away. If you find yourself this way it is a wonder full place to play. lau-dam2.jpg lake-2.jpg

Attachments

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is a beautiful lake.

Are the tips of the islands hazardous?

Lawson2479

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not usually, It is a corp made lake. sharp drop offs from where it used to be hills before it was damned up.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those are some great pictures!

We are in Northern KY just south of Cincinnati, OH. We already have a week at Lake Cumberland scheduled with my whole extended family, and a weekend at Norris Lake at my cousin's place, but we have been looking for other places to explore this year. We were planning a trip to Cave Run Lake but a guy at work has pretty much convinced me that we should go to Laurel Lake instead. He mentioned the boat-in campground and said that the water is BEAUTIFUL!

Do you keep your boat on Laurel, or do you trailer in and launch every time?

Lawson2479

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We trailer because we are only 20-30 min away. It does have boat-in and regular camp sites along with cabins down the road. Also they are good about camping anywhere around the lake if you find a pretty spot. My friend who works at the water plant says it is one of the cleanest lakes in Ky. If you find your way down let us know, We are at the lake if it is not freezing or storming (we don't mind a little rain),

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great! It looks like we have the same year and type of boat. We could be twins for the weekend.

I will be sure to let you know before we come down.

Where do you launch your boat?

Lawson2479

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We launch at marsh creek ramp but you need to get a pass. If you launch at one of the marinas I don't think its required.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cool, I'll check into that. I have read somewhere about the pass needed at all parks in the Daniel Boone National Forest, but I wasn't real sure how that worked.

Lawson2479

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The passes are 1, 3, and season. They run 3, 5, and 30 dollars.you can get them from several places around here or probably any outdoor sports shop close to D'Boone national park.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great, thanks for the info! $30 for the year is a pretty good deal if you live close to the lake.

Bedlamfirm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I'm bringing this alive. Looking for alternative to Norris. Any recommendations on lodging aside from camping?

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We still haven't made it to Laurel Lake. But I'm hoping we can make it next summer. And if you're looking for alternatives to Norris and you don't want to go to Cumberland, check out Dale Hollow. Right now that's my favorite lake in the world

Johmas50

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
We have started at this place and had a good experience, although it wasn’t recent. Not too far from Grove Marina but not directly on the lake. Otherwise there are chain hotels near the interstate but that’s less fun, in my opinion.

https://www.laurellakecampingresort.com/rates

brddog

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looking to go down from Stanford KY this weekend. I assume you can put in at Holly Bay Marina? Also, does the lake have any shallow sand bar type areas?