• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Leaving a 242LS wet slipped in the Potomac?

goldiert

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Hi all, I've spent the past two years renting boats in the northern Virginia area and I'm thinking about pulling the trigger to buy one. I'm obsessed with the 2014+ 242s, though I've never actually been out on one.
I think I can get a slip at the marina near me (the only way I'd own a boat), but I understand leaving them in the water adds its own challenges.

Can anyone speak to the pros/cons of boating in the Potomac (between Tim's and Georgetown) with a jet boat, especially if it stays in the water? I'm pretty comfortable with an outboard and can fall back on a pontoon, but the 242 has been calling me name for more than a year :)

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It's freshwater up that way, so you're good to go. Might just want to pull it every 4-6 weeks to give the bottom a cleaning. BTW, I think you're looking for 2015+ boats (2014 and 2015 are very different). I wet slip mine up on the Delaware.

goldiert

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Good information, thanks!
You're right, I meant 2015+ :)

Waiting to hear if the local Marina will actually give me a spot before I get too attached to the idea, but we are going to the boat show in the morning!

Pantelis

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’ve owned my 2016 242 limited s e-series and have it at Columbia Island Marina. Btw I do have it for sale and willing to give you the slip as well. Shoot me a message if interested.

goldiert

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Ha, I know your boat well, because I have it saved on my bookmarks bar! It's FS by Dominion Yachts, right?

I'm eternally on the fence about buying, but would you be willing to rent it out in the meantime? The guy I usually rent from still has his in winter storage but I'd be happy to rent yours Monday 3/18 or 3/19 (sister is bringing her kids here for spring break and I wanted to give them a water monuments tour).