• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

LED BLE app and boatpluglight bluetooth controller

Maxdog21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I searched and didn't find anything on this forum regarding a problem I was having with the newest waterproof RGB controller from boatplug light. I bought the Dagon V2 and was attempting to bench test it. After connecting the wiring I scanned the code on the controller to download the app and ran into my first issue. Don't do that. It sends you to download a non approved app (apk) and its all in Chinese. Instead, go to the app store and download the LED BLE app from there. The next issue was lack of instructions. There aren't any instructions at all included or to be found online for the controller or app except for the wiring. If you connect all the wiring and try and pair the controller using bluetooth it will ask for a pin which you will never guess. These are the steps to follow if you want it to connect.

1. Reinstall the app and do not run it yet.
2. Turn off bluetooth on your device.
3. Turn off lights/controller.
4. Turn on lights/controller
5. Open the app. It will ask you if it can turn on bluetooth. Allow it to do so and it will connect. It also asks for permission to record audio because it has a feature to strobe the lights to music/sound.

I hope this helps the next person that might be searching for some help with the boatplug light controller.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Maxdog21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Did you post photos of the end result of your project?
I have not completed it yet. This was just a bench test. I had to return the light for a replacement as the LED chip was offset in the housing. Before I permanently attach to the boat I wanted to get that replaced.