• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

LED lights. Bow and Transom

Haycor

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Hi
2015 212x. Looking to add some lighting all around but specifically underwater blue LED and I wouldn’t mind docking lights. Not looking to break the bank with underwater lights, the boat is stored on a lift when no in use and in fresh water. Anyone have any recommendations?

I also will be adding a few interior lights but assuming those are pretty inexpensive and pretty simple to run.
Thanks

Jilly Ruby Jane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I recommend Seablaze x2 underwater light. They are expensive but they are excellent! When I bought the first 3 for my boat I said to myself waoo more than 1000 dollars but they really are that type of purchase that after having spent it you are satisfied.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I've been looking at underwater let's also. I've found the Dragon V2 transom mount, a little cheaper than the Seablaze but has more lumens. Wish I could find some reviews on the Dragon v2. Dagon V2 Transom Mount

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hi
2015 212x. Looking to add some lighting all around but specifically underwater blue LED and I wouldn’t mind docking lights. Not looking to break the bank with underwater lights, the boat is stored on a lift when no in use and in fresh water. Anyone have any recommendations?

I also will be adding a few interior lights but assuming those are pretty inexpensive and pretty simple to run.
Thanks
Haycor, where are you planning to attach the lights/light? Not alot of flat surface back there. I am thinking of attaching right about the articulating keel, where the sticker is on the picture. Ideally I want two but that looks like it will be a pain in the ass.20210125_214954.jpg

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I haven’t installed, but I like these. Either these are OEM on the newer Yamahas or people on here have been installing them.

That's good to know! That way if I ever need to replace them. I wonder if mine on my 2020 are LED. They don't quite look the LED light color. They very well maybe. I've only used them once and briefly while getting my boat on a lift at night.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This outfit has about everything you’d want in lighting.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Haycor, where are you planning to attach the lights/light? Not alot of flat surface back there. I am thinking of attaching right about the articulating keel, where the sticker is on the picture. Ideally I want two but that looks like it will be a pain in the ass.View attachment 140884
Plenty of room

20201102_142825.jpg

Haycor

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I haven’t installed, but I like these. Either these are OEM on the newer Yamahas or people on here have been installing them.

Thanks. I have seen those as well.

Haycor

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Haycor, where are you planning to attach the lights/light? Not alot of flat surface back there. I am thinking of attaching right about the articulating keel, where the sticker is on the picture. Ideally I want two but that looks like it will be a pain in the ass.View attachment 140884
Hi. I actually haven't even looked, I assumed I had room on each side, I would rather not have them both center. What do you think?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yes some of the higher models come with LED docking lights like these - they're quite bright, almost like headlights on the water.
:D

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hi. I actually haven't even looked, I assumed I had room on each side, I would rather not have them both center. What do you think?
I need to get back there and see the acceablity. For easy of install i was thinking one 8000 or more lumens light, right in the middle.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I recommend Seablaze x2 underwater light. They are expensive but they are excellent! When I bought the first 3 for my boat I said to myself waoo more than 1000 dollars but they really are that type of purchase that after having spent it you are satisfied.
@jill
Hi

Thanks
@Haycor ..... agree with @Jilly Ruby Jane .....I have put underwater lights on three big boats. I have used Seablaze and Ocean LED. Both have awesome colors. The Ocean LED units can be synched to music and fade through a 1000 colors (about $10,000.00 worth of them on one cruiser) BUT for your application I would hands down recommend the Seablaze (latest version) for ease of installation, illumination and durability. As with ANY underwater light clean the lenses when you see "crud" building-up on them to prevent it from getting baked-on. :cool: