• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Let the upgrades begin

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well I've owned to boat for 3 days and the fun has started. Just finished installing my console organizer from Jet Boat Pilots. Cover arrived from Budge Covers and must say the fit is pretty good. Would prefer the OEM but need to order a new fish finder/GPS so I need to cut cost someplace. Also ordered the new Cobra Viper plate this morning.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cool. You are off to a good start. Congrats!

Hector Leiva

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Can you post info on the cover (make and model). Info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Will do. I'll take a couple pics when I get home. Fit is fairly good with some overlap on the sides. Which I like being the sides of the boat are black so it gives me a little protection. Cover is a bit heavy.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here's a few pics of the cover. Cost ended up being around $250 total after all the promotions. Here's the model number Size: BTHT-5 Color: Grey Item #: B-1221-X5.
It is the 1200 Denier weight. I will tell you the covers a bit on the heavy side as it has some type of coating on the inside. So its not as soft and lightweight sumbrella fabric

Attachments

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Lights installed last night. Also bought replacement lights for the OEM lights in blue. Those have not been installed yet. Went with two 6" LED's under the gunnel and one under the foot rest in the console.IMG_20170909_215936191.jpg

jaysen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
how did you wire the led's? im very new at this and envy your skills at modifying the boat.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This was a very easy install. The LEDs I installed with 3m double sided tape using the activator , which can be bought at any automotive paint shop. I stuck them under the gunnels ( two lights per side). At the rear of the starboard side gunnel there is a hole that is already pre-drilled through the bulkhead from the factory to run wiring through. On the port side you will need to drill a hole through to fish the wires through. Nothing big say a 3/8. Theres plenty of room to get a drill up in that area so the holes remains hidden. From there open up center console changing room door and remove the canvas cover that covers the electronics. If you look down at the left side you will notice where the steering cable and and some other wires run between the floor and hull area. This is the area that you will be able to fish the wires through. Remove the access panel in the floor in front of the helm and from there you will be able to fish the wires from the gunnels ,to the helm access area and than into the changing room area. I simply spliced each side into the existing helm courtesy light. Now they all operate off the courtesy light switch at the helm. Hope that makes sense. It's really a simple install.

Last edited:

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome boat! I love the LED's. Have you bought an anchor for it yet? ;);)

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes purchased an aluminum Danforth anchor and about 7ft of chain

Last edited:

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cool deal. I used a fluke style anchor for a while.

Ralph MIA

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Lights installed last night. Also bought replacement lights for the OEM lights in blue. Those have not been installed yet. Went with two 6" LED's under the gunnel and one under the foot rest in the console.View attachment 63849
I just picked up my 190 FSH two weeks ago and this will be one of the first projects I undertake. Thanks fo the inspiration.

jaysen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
is it possible to get a cover like yours that works well with the t-top?

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think with the t-top your almost forced to go with a factory cover or get one custom made.

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Seal skin has covers that go over the t-top that are less than half the price of a factory cover.