• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lilly Pad diving board

Ryno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Has anyone tried or seen this mounted to the swim deck on a 195?

Looks awesome and supposedly can mount to it but id like to see one done first before I drop the money and attempt an install...

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I wouldn't mount that to the thin fiberglass of a Yamaha boat. Those are made for toons with multiple layers of wood or thick aluminum decking.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is a Pontoon on Patoka here locally that has one of these. Kids seem to love it. They have it mounted on the starboard side where a "gate" previously was. They're using it every time I've seen them out.

If we can figure out how to mount a stripper pole to a swim deck, sure we can figure this out. I would say LOTS of reinforcement to be added to the swim deck to make it work, and then I would consider your hull warranty null and void for all intents and purposes.

$1,200 piece of equipment with probably another $500 in materials/labor to mount it. It's expensive, and honestly some SeaDeck on the bow will get you 90% of the way there.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Ryno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I'll admit it seems a little crazy for a fiberglass boat but they say the floor mount system is for fiberglass boats with a rear swim deck and the other mounts are for 3/4 plywood floor

And the idea of a bow deck is good and your right that would be close to the same...

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Snapped some pics of this example on our local lake Saturday afternoon. Endless stream of kids going off the thing.

PXL_20210717_191924143.jpg

PXL_20210717_191927918.jpg

The spring action contains those forces to within its own structure. Still have to handle the reaction forces from a person jumping 3ft in the air and about 3ft off the side of the boat. The "slam" of the board returning up would give me pause for mounting on a fiberglass. I could see all kinds of spider cracking from the repeated impact loading.

Kids LOVED it though.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I always wanted to build a diving board off the side of my tower.
Just have not got around to it yet

Ryno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yeah looks so fun and doesn't burn $$$fuel $$$

I'm not sure about the fiberglass mount tho... Still need to see it done before I try it

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I like it..maybe we can modify it to fit out Towers. I always wanted to jump off the top of the Tower..like a flying bridge..haha.

Ryno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yeah that's kinda what got this started - the teenagers like climbing the tower and jumping off. But I'm afraid one of them is gonna slip and break a skull or a leg! I'm gonna look at that more. I like the idea of mounting to the tower and not not the fiberglass hull!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah that's kinda what got this started - the teenagers like climbing the tower and jumping off. But I'm afraid one of them is gonna slip and break a skull or a leg! I'm gonna look at that more. I like the idea of mounting to the tower and not not the fiberglass hull!
All those forces still have to resolve through the tower base mounting. Might be more favorable geometry there, but it's still a metal/fiberglass interface.

Ryno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Show here is where I think this board could me mounted without compromising any part of the hull.

The upper access lid on the swim deck appears to be 3\4 fiberglass, with plenty of head room for a reinforcement plate underneath. Only the 3\4 fiberglass is required per the manufacturer.

I guess if somehow it broke the lid, oh well its not my hull! Anyway looks like that lid could even be replaced with a solid wood or composite lid pretty easily...

All forces headed mostly downward, reinfored brackets exceeding the manufacturers instructions.

I might be slowly talking myself into this 🙄

Attachments

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is a significant uplift on the rear supports. That's where the moment resolves from the jump. That uplift will then go through the hinges.

You're gonna want something more substantial.

I would ask what forces you're expected to hold from the manufacturer. A loading diagram essentially. That will help you plan where to mount it.