• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Live Well Pump

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well... today I switched on the live well pump to fill the live well and ....nothing...no noise no nothing. I checked the inlet port under boat and saw no obstructions and fidgeted around with the pump in the engine compartment with no success. I could not locate a fuse (if there is one) for the live well. before I cart this baby to the stealership an hour away has anyone had this happen and possibly easy fix?

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Possibly a breaker tripped to the pump? Maybe a black covered push button under the switch. Is the pump connected to the plug or wired? I would also put a meter at the switch. Could be something not plugged in maybe.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
If it is anything like my older boat I have a couple black small boxes with a standard 20 amp blade automotive fuse in each. Worth checking the wires right off the battery to see if there is anything that could hold fuses.`

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Not sure what your electrical comfort level is but this is one that would be a good place to learn how to use either a test light or a multi-meter to check out if you have power going to the pump. Both are cheap and easy to learn. It's certainly something that could pop up at anytime on numerous other circuits and would be something you would be thankful that you could troubleshoot without depending on a dealer. If you need a hand going that route and don't have anyone close by that give you a pointer or two, give me a PM.
Also, I'm sure you've probably checked already but is the thru-hull valve open to the pump inlet. The pump doesn't make much noise when it's running dry.

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Our live well did the very same thing last week. I got inside the console and wiggled the connections on the back of the live well switch and circuit breaker and it came back on. The connections looked fine, but I guess after a year it's time to pull them off one by one and give them a shot of corrosionX.
I hope your problem is as easy to fix!

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Btw, we just filled the live well up using the 5 gallon bucket we keep in the bucket compartment till we got home and figured out the problem.

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks everyone for inputs.. I took off the switch and hit it w/ the corrosion X and pulled off the breakers and put them back on and now is working again.. Hope that's all it was....

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I tried to fill mine last weekend for the first time you can hear the motor running but nothing happens where's the pick up is it the one that's under the trailer bunk

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I wonder why mine is not working if I can hear the pump

Atlas135

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was surprised at how many shut off valves there were for things you would not think you need a shut off valve for.... Like the live well

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Is it the blue hose on the Left

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
No. I'm not near the boat but I think you're looking at the wash down hose over on the left (rear).
You want the one right where the thru-hull for the water pick-up is located. Right above the trailer bunk where you were looking earlier. Look in the engine compartment...the pump will be plumbed right to the valve.

Atlas135

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Blue is the washdown. There should be the valve as well as the nozzle in the livewell. I know you can adjust the flow from the nozzle. Not sure if it can be completely shut off from there or not.

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Is the valve open?
I had the same problem as Van T and had no idea there was a shutoff valve until you mentioned it. Another easy fix of a problem through good communication. You dont know what you dont know. Thanks very much.