• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Load guides

OBXjetboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Please help with pointing me in the right directions on where I can order load guides for my 2021 shorelander trailer that transported my 252XE. Thank you

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Either C.E. Smith or VeVe guides are your 2 best choices. Can't go wrong with either, I went with VeVe because they are a little more sturdy in a 65"

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
+1 on Veve. Very well made, got them quickly and good customer service.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Is the Veve 47" not tall enough?
That's all preference. I preferred the 65 because my wife loads the boat after I back down and they are easier to see, etc.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's all preference. I preferred the 65 because my wife loads the boat after I back down and they are easier to see, etc.
Agree. The plastic is 65" but the inner metal piece is shorter by a foot or so. I cut some of the plastic off mine and made them a little shorter to match the covers I have.

Yours look great, how long are those covers and are they just pulled down over the metal ring thing?

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Agree. The plastic is 65" but the inner metal piece is shorter by a foot or so. I cut some of the plastic off mine and made them a little shorter to match the covers I have.

Yours look great, how long are those covers and are they just pulled down over the metal ring thing?
You can also mount under rail, instead of above which is what I did. For 2 reasons, 1 it makes them a littles less tall which makes them the perfect size. 2 because it gets them further away from the bunks so u don't have to worry about hitting them or anything. The pads are 65 as well I believe from beyond the wake, they pull down over the PVC .

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Lake boaters don't have a current to contend with but we're heading to FL this year and we always seem to have inexperienced guests on our boat that are sometimes called upon to help, so we decided to hedge our success with Veve guides. +1 on the Veve recommendation. We're also topping ours with the CE Smith lights for added towing safety and nightime towing/backing visibility. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VM9KK6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

While in the mail, someone clearly opened the staples of the very large package containing our Veve guides and started rooting around in there. I emailed and received a prompt call back from the owner personally. After a quick inventory, we realized that all was good. Waiting to take possession of our new boat this week and will install them on the new trailer.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lake boaters don't have a current to contend with but we're heading to FL this year and we always seem to have inexperienced guests on our boat that are sometimes called upon to help, so we decided to hedge our success with Veve guides. +1 on the Veve recommendation. We're also topping ours with the CE Smith lights for added towing safety and nightime towing/backing visibility. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VM9KK6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

While in the mail, someone clearly opened the staples of the very large package containing our Veve guides and started rooting around in there. I emailed and received a prompt call back from the owner personally. After a quick inventory, we realized that all was good. Waiting to take possession of our new boat this week and will install them on the new trailer.
I didn’t think the lights worked with veves since they spin freely, which is one of the reasons I ordered them. Maybe I’m wrong.
Let us know if that works out ok, those would be nice to have.

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I didn’t think the lights worked with veves since they spin freely, which is one of the reasons I ordered them. Maybe I’m wrong.
Hmmm..... I just checked and you're right - nice catch. There is a circular well on the metal verticals which suspend the pvc and allows rotation when the boat is loading. I was thinking that only the canvas wrap freely rotated. I guess I goofed and will have to leave enough wire in the metal tube for rotation and ensure proper light direction (Amber front/Red back) after we wipe down the boat on the ramp. Either that, or I make a custom extension bracket that hardmounts to the Veve metal bracket extending through the center of the rotational PVC to provide a mounting location for the light. I'll work on it and send pics when I fix it. Thanks!

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hmmm..... I just checked and you're right - nice catch. There is a circular well on the metal verticals which suspend the pvc and allows rotation when the boat is loading. I was thinking that only the canvas wrap freely rotated. I guess I goofed and will have to leave enough wire in the metal tube for rotation and ensure proper light direction (Amber front/Red back) after we wipe down the boat on the ramp. Either that, or I make a custom extension bracket that hardmounts to the Veve metal bracket and extends through the rotational PVC to provide a mounting location for the light. I'll work on it and send pics when I fix it. Thanks!
The latter idea would be awesome. Veve should sell that option.

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
LOL ... How long would it take me to get a patent?

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great info here. I was about to buy these and use LED strips on them for lights.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great info here. I was about to buy these and use LED strips on them for lights.
I’m sure you could set them up to not spin with a screw through the plastic tube into the metal or something.

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m sure you could set them up to not spin with a screw through the plastic tube into the metal or something.
I'm sure that would work. When you pointed out my error earlier, I considered either permanently fixing the PVC in place and relying entirely on the rotation of the canvas wrap to prevent abrasion, or a removable pin (released only at the boat ramp) to prevent any possible issue with vibrational rotation while on the road if the boat wasn't in direct contact with the canvas/pole assembly, but I'm still leaning heavily towards the custom bracket idea. I have a tendency to get bugged by things that don't work properly, and the bracket gives me the best of both options - full functionality and peace of mind that it's mistake proof.

The IP68 LED strip would work well if the PVC is fixed and you didn't get the padded canvas wrap, otherwise the same issue exists. You'd also forfeit the benefits of the rotational PVC while loading - potentially increasing your risk of cosmetic defects by rubbing.

The issue we're concerned about with the Smith Lights, is that they provide Amber lights to the front and Red lights to the back in accordance with DOT traffic laws. Accidental rotation could cause a confusion problem for other drivers. Law enforcement probably wouldn't be amused either.

Last edited:

jester44399

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Has anyone ever been able to find or install these load guides? These are direct from the Shoreland'r site for my trailer, but they do not provide any link or option to buy. Have to get ahold of a dealer somewhere to purchase (maybe), but the closest dealer to me is in Phoenix of all places, nothing in Texas. I also can not seem to find these existing anywhere on the internet. I have only seen on person on YouTube that actually had these on their jet boat trailer, but did not say where and how they got them. I would prefer these to the crappy CE Smith ones that I have right now that are bent to hell.Load Guides.JPGLoad Guide Inst1.JPGLoad Guide Inst2.JPG

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Has anyone ever been able to find or install these load guides? These are direct from the Shoreland'r site for my trailer, but they do not provide any link or option to buy. Have to get ahold of a dealer somewhere to purchase (maybe), but the closest dealer to me is in Phoenix of all places, nothing in Texas. I also can not seem to find these existing anywhere on the internet. I have only seen on person on YouTube that actually had these on their jet boat trailer, but did not say where and how they got them. I would prefer these to the crappy CE Smith ones that I have right now that are bent to hell.View attachment 215412View attachment 215413View attachment 215414
Have you considered VeVe guides ? They are heavy duty. They do not bend like the ce’s. I had them on my mfi trailer with the pads.
I have ce smiths on the trailer for the whaler and bend them every time I lean on them or try to run the fenders thru them.
D1C4A772-C683-4849-9ABE-D4A0D4CE092A.jpeg

Last edited: