• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Long Island Sound Boating Destinations

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
All,

I am planning a 7 day trip to the Connecticut side of Long Island Sound over the 4th of July. I will be hailing out of the Niantic River and am looking for some boat accessible beaches, restaurants and any other points of interest that are too far away. I will already looking to head to the Watch Hill/Sandy Point/Napatree beach area but wanted to if there were any other places that people suggest.

Thanks!

weaselman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
People have said going to Claudio's Restaurant in Greenport is a most do. https://www.claudios.com/
If you go to Watch Hill, Napatree Beach is beautiful. From the beach you can walk to the main street on Watch Hill. If you have young kids into Taylor Swift you can show them her house. We primarily leave out of Niantic. Pretty decent State launch but can get busy quick on the weekends.

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
People have said going to Claudio's Restaurant in Greenport is a most do. https://www.claudios.com/
If you go to Watch Hill, Napatree Beach is beautiful. From the beach you can walk to the main street on Watch Hill. If you have young kids into Taylor Swift you can show them her house. We primarily leave out of Niantic. Pretty decent State launch but can get busy quick on the weekends.
Thanks. I went to Napatree as a kid and remember walking to Watch Hill and riding the Carousel. I have never been over to Greenport but it sounds like a fun trip. Our plan is to keep the boat on a dry rack at one of the Marina's up the Niantic River for the week. That way we hopefully won't have to deal with the ramp traffic.

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Any other thoughts from other members? I am leaving next Thursday.

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@fraserjr how did the trip go?
It was great. Had some car trouble the days leading up to leaving but made it up and back without any issues. The first day we tried to make it over to Greenport (Claudios) but it was 2-4' seas and didn't want to battle that for 40+ minutes so we just went up the Niantic River and had lunch at Three Belles Marina. The a couple days later we made it out to Napatree which was a little bit of a rough ride but took it slow. Once we got our anchors set for the beach (it was really windy that day) the kids had a blast. The next few days we spent tubing/wakeboarding on the river and made an early morning trip out around Millstone and Black Point for some Striper fishing but didn't have any luck. The on our last day we made another go at Greenport and despite a little rain shower on the way there, we had a great trip. 22 miles round trip and was doing about 30+ mph with 11 on board - burned a little less than half a tank and took about 40 - 45 mins each way. Everyone had a great time and said that was definitely on our list to do next year. We ran out of time and didn't get a chance to walk through all of the shops and enjoy town. All in all, I am really glad I did it. We were on the boat every day but one, kept it on an indoor rack the entire week and the kids and family had a blast. Definitely a trip we won't forget.

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@fraserjr how did the trip go?
It was great. Had some car trouble the days leading up to leaving but made it up and back without any issues. The first day we tried to make it over to Greenport (Claudios) but it was 2-4' seas and didn't want to battle that for 40+ minutes so we just went up the Niantic River and had lunch at Three Belles Marina. The a couple days later we made it out to Napatree which was a little bit of a rough ride but took it slow. Once we got our anchors set for the beach (it was really windy that day) the kids had a blast. The next few days we spent tubing/wakeboarding on the river and made an early morning trip out around Millstone and Black Point for some Striper fishing but didn't have any luck. The on our last day we made another go at Greenport and despite a little rain shower on the way there, we had a great trip. 22 miles round trip and was doing about 30+ mph with 11 on board - burned a little less than half a tank and took about 40 - 45 mins each way. Everyone had a great time and said that was definitely on our list to do again next year. We ran out of time and didn't get a chance to walk through all of the shops and enjoy town. All in all, I am really glad I did it. We were on the boat every day but one, kept it on an indoor rack the entire week and the kids and family had a blast. Definitely a trip we won't forget.

Niantic River:
IMG_2520.JPG
Anchored at Napatree Beach:
IMG_2558.JPG
Sitting pretty on the Fork Lift:
IMG_2565.JPG
The sunset view from my Mom's porch over Niantic Bay:
IMG_2652.JPG
Leaving Greenport:
IMG_2698.JPG
My daughter shortly before that rod was lost to the sea:
IMG_2772.JPG
The Carousel in Greenport:
8D955075-1077-4986-B1AD-A92649E28DD4.JPG

Attachments

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great pictures! I'm glad rough seas and inclement weather didn't stop you all from having a good time.
Making memories is what it is all about.

I'm always on the look out for destinations we could boat.

Thanks for sharing!