• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Look what I purchased today!

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Drove 600 miles each way for a tower and bimini off of a 2008 AR230. It's going to be sweet. Looks like another spring mod. image.jpeg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
was it extra parts or off a totaled boat?

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The guy had it listed one the "other site" for almost a year. I debated about it for quite a while because of the length of the drive. Finally gave in. I'm surprised no one else jumped on it. All the mounting hardware and biminin included. In great shape. He wanted a folding tower because he kept his boat on a covered lift.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
The guy had it listed one the "other site" for almost a year. I debated about it for quite a while because of the length of the drive. Finally gave in. I'm surprised no one else jumped on it. All the mounting hardware and biminin included. In great shape. He wanted a folding tower because he kept his boat on a covered lift.
Hopefully you stuck one of those nifty jetboaters stickers to the back of the check for him. :winkingthumbsup"

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great find @Chillypilot I wonder if the previous owner just donated the proceeds to help support the other site ;)

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did the hardware include the discs that go between the top and bottom sections?
I almost lost those when I took mine apart to get it in a shop to have the windows tinted.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would have uShipped that sucker! LOL

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I hit up that guy right when he posted it last year and was trying to get him to give me a price shipped but he determined he couldn't ship it economically to NC. Great buy congrats.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Finally got the tower and bimini installed today. I'm pretty happy with the results. image.jpeg

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looks great. Follows the lines of the windshield perfectly.
(What does not look great is your neighbors Christmas lights. It is May, isn't it?)

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The install went pretty smooth. Hardest part was making sure that I drilled the holes in the exact same place on both sides of the boat. I must have checked that 10 times before I actually drilled. I also ended up making bigger backing plates than the stock ones for extra reinforcement.

Last edited:

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Looks great!!!

QCI Sean

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks nice! How much did it run you?
I’m considering buying an ‘05 AR230 that had engine fires. Depending on the price, I may part out the tower, bimin, interior, trailer, etc. not sure what a factory tower would go for though.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@QCI Sean The guy had it for sale for over a year. I guess I was the only guy crazy enough to drive 20 hours to pick it up. I think i gave him $500 and a case of Canadian beer for the tower and bimini.

QCI Sean

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow! You got a helluva deal! I think the market here in Southern California would allow me to sell those items more quickly and for more money. Although, harder to get a case of Canadian beer in addition to the asking price

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@QCI Sean I would be interested in the interior if its in good shape....