• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking at 2011 ar240

Kevin hughes

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I'm talking with a guy who wants to sell his girl friends 240 since they don't use it anymore since he works for a boat dealer. He's asking $30,000 for it from pics it looks in great shape not sure on hours yet. I didn't really want a tower but it's not a show stopper for me. I'm go I g to see about getting the price down more but who knows. I have never owned a jet boat so this is new to me and most of the time I'm sure it's just going to be two of us since I can never get anyone to go. I wanted the 195 but this is the same price or cheaper since they are hard to find. What should I look for or anything on these? I'm used to regular boats and houseboats. Thanks for any tips and advice

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Now that I have a tower, I don’t see myself ever going back. Even if you don’t use it for tow sports or hanging speakers on it, once you have it as a hand-hold at the dock or helping folks climb aboard you’ll wonder how you did without it.

Having recently bought an ‘11 SX210 (w aftermarket tower), the only real issue that I have is cosmetic. Upholstery cracks and seams tearing away in the seats. All the back rests are fine.

I’m not an engine guy, so others can respond on that stuff. But, I wouldn’t be afraid of a couple hundred hours.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Depending on condition and hours, that boat should be int he $25-$28K range. As 242's keep dropping to the $30K or less range, the 240 will be less.

I see your profile says you have a 2014 already. I am assuming you put something in there to get past that portion of account setup? If you were in the market for a 190 series, and are now looking at a 240 series, tell us what you plan on towing this boat with. Many folks looking at a 19 footer are only a boating couple, or they have an SUV with a lower towing capacity.

The 240 series are not a small boat, so keep that weight in mind and check your tow capacity. Otherwise, as said above, the tower is an amazing towel rack, but it is great for speakers and grab handles. If you ever get the chance to tow, you will appreciate being able to monitor the rope.

Good luck, and update this thread with your progress.

Boat buying checklist:
Trailer condition: Tires, bearings, lights, service records, Winch and bow stop
Boat engine condition: Oil change interval, hours, spark plug condition, compression test, service bulletins or recall work SEA TRIAL!!!
Engine bay condition: Oil or water in the bilge, cleanliness of the engine bay (it should be clean), blowers functional
Operation during trial: Engines idle, no overheat or other warnings/codes, Engines come up to speed together, no cavitation, Steering is not stiff, throttles move freely, check reverse
Pump inspection: Grate is in tact, impellers show no damage, reverse buckets show no damage, minimal corrosion, condition of sacrifical anodes, clean out plugs
Cosmetic inspection: Seats, carpets/flooring, ladders, safety equipment, lights, switches, bilge pump, horn, gauges, batteries, and the complete hull, watch for spider cracks and gouges into the fiberglass. Most dock rash only into color can be buffed out. Use it as negotiation like it's life or death with the understanding that it will be some quality time with buffing compound and your beer of choice!

Last edited:

Kevin hughes

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Thanks for info on what to look for! No I don't have a 2014 I was in the process of trying to buy one and it wasn't worth what they wanted. Plus I had to put in something to join here I had. I will update that when I finally find one worth getting. I was looking at the 19ft because most of the time it will be just two of us since I can never get anyone to go boat ing even when I had a houseboat on lake Cumberland. I have a crew can Silverado f for now. But thanks a boat load for the tips!!!