• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking at trading at 190 for 242xe opinions!

Brad Dunn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Purchased a 2016 at 192 last summer. Nice boat but. I could use.
More power while loaded( 192 bags out loaded and pulling a big tube)
More miles to a tank( on our big lake we go to we can't get to we're we want to go on a tank of fuel.
More room
Ability to wake surf. ( don't need pefessional wake but the ability for everyone to surf with out a lot of hassle.
My worries are spending a lot of money and not being happy.
much bigger boat then 192. Am I going to have a harder time loading, unloading. Manovering at the docks?
Thanks for any replies.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We stepped up from a 16' to a 24' after a year as well. The dealer tried to steer us to a 24' originally but with it being our first I was nervous of maneuverability. Once we got the hang of the controls on the 19' it was a piece of cake to transfer that over to the 24'. We love the extra room (that alone was worth the upgrade) as well as the upgrades features. If your budget can afford it and you don't loose your a$$ on the trade in then you should go for it.

Brad Dunn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes we are getting a fair deal on trade in as both boats have less than 20 hrs. Still a lot of money. 45000 Canadian. Do you surf behind this boat?

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We don't have the X, just the limited S e-series so we don't have the ballast to surf.

Architeuthis

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
We moved from a 210 to the 242 (non-E) and couldn't be happier. I got pretty confident maneuvering the 21 without fins etc. The 24 (with fins) is considerably more controllable and after only a few trips on the lake, I feel even more confident maneuvering the 24 than I did in the 21. Some of that is the thrust vectors, but either way, I like it better.

Also, the additional space is significant as is the smoothness of the ride -- especially in chop.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes we are getting a fair deal on trade in as both boats have less than 20 hrs. Still a lot of money. 45000 Canadian. Do you surf behind this boat?
X's ballast is kind of useless if you are thinking of seriously surfing, it makes more sense to get an AR240 and install real ballast, sound system etc. At least that's what I would do (or strongly consider).

--