• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking for a 255 or 285 owner for HELP!

HailMary

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey Folks:

I'm currently making grill stanchions for Yamaha and Chaparral boats, and want to offer them to Scarab owners as well. The larger Scarab's (25' and up) have the same mount as the Yamaha's and Chaparrals, but both of those are at different angles.

I've tried to get some information from the FB group, and thought I would reach out here too.

I need:

(1) the PN for the table leg(s) if there are more than one that came with your boat.
(2) The angle at which the mount is on the boat. You'll need a digital angle finder for this measurement (~ $40 from Lowes or Home Depot). Here's a link to an article I wrote to get this.
(3) The shortest distance from the center of the mount to the edge of the swim platform.
(4) The height of the mount above the swim platform.

Most of the owners boats are in storage right now, but if you're in a warmer climate - I'd love some help!

Thanks!

blthlt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
When I get my boat back later this month I can try to get you the info you need because I want a grill mount for the rear platform on my boat. Would your mount allow for the grill to hang over the side of the boat?

HailMary

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think I have the info that I need for the 255. If you have a different model I'm all ears!

dandwms

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey Folks:

I'm currently making grill stanchions for Yamaha and Chaparral boats, and want to offer them to Scarab owners as well. The larger Scarab's (25' and up) have the same mount as the Yamaha's and Chaparrals, but both of those are at different angles.

I've tried to get some information from the FB group, and thought I would reach out here too.

I need:

(1) the PN for the table leg(s) if there are more than one that came with your boat.
(2) The angle at which the mount is on the boat. You'll need a digital angle finder for this measurement (~ $40 from Lowes or Home Depot). Here's a link to an article I wrote to get this.
(3) The shortest distance from the center of the mount to the edge of the swim platform.
(4) The height of the mount above the swim platform.

Most of the owners boats are in storage right now, but if you're in a warmer climate - I'd love some help!

Thanks!
Hi - I have a 285 and would buy the stanchion if you get them made. Boat is in storage so cant get you the measurements.