• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking for a good phone mount for my boat

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any suggestions on a mount for my phone on my 2009 Yamaha SX210? I use it for navigation on the lake and playing music.

ididntdoit

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Try SeaSucker - good quality

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've used this in a semi tractor for the past 5 years, absolutely no issues other than when it's cold, having to make sure the window is heated up a bit - doesn't like to stick to a frozen windshield! Some may view it as pricey, but in the time I've used it, I'd easily pay double for it. If the middle arm is too long for your needs, it's easily swapped out with a shorter or longer one, and that little spiderweb looking thingy has never been needed for me. Universal fit, I've used it with a Moto X4, an Iphone 5s, and a Moto G6+

Ram Mount.jpg

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've used this in a semi tractor for the past 5 years, absolutely no issues other than when it's cold, having to make sure the window is heated up a bit - doesn't like to stick to a frozen windshield! Some may view it as pricey, but in the time I've used it, I'd easily pay double for it. If the middle arm is too long for your needs, it's easily swapped out with a shorter or longer one, and that little spiderweb looking thingy has never been needed for me. Universal fit, I've used it with a Moto X4, an Iphone 5s, and a Moto G6+

View attachment 90463
That’s the same one I use and it’s perfect. The RAM allows you to reposition it depending on your position (sitting/standing).

The only difference in my setup is I used a hard-mounted ball to the dash instead of the suction cup.

I highly recommend it.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yup, Ram X mount. I gave up on the suction cup as it kept falling and just screwed it into the dash though.
Brilliant!!

I love the Hula-Girl :)

Trannyguy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My wife bought me one called steely for Christmas last year. It’s just a small disc that goes on your phone and then a small ball that sticks to your dash and then the phone sticks to it magnetically. It’s handy because you can have a mount in the truck and boat and whatever else. I was worried it wouldn’t be strong enough but have never had it fall off anything yet.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another +1 for the X-Grip Ram Mount. I keep one that goes between truck and boat. Wife has one in her car. Have a few other RAM accessories on the motorcycle for GoPro use. They're expensive because they're worth it. Had mine for just over 5yrs now.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm going to give this a try. Looks like a good option. Maybe I'll get a few more for my guests.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Here's the WeatherTech CupFone. I had to drill a hole for my aux cord. Nothing to write home about but it does the trick.

Attachments

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm not a fan of the x grip because it always pushes the buttons on the side of my phone.