• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking for a new tow-able toy

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hey Y'all,

Our absolutely fun tow-able has finally bit the dust after 3 seasons and we are looking to get another one.
I know this time of year is a good time to get deals on tubes since the season is basically over but have any of y'all bought any during Black Fridays or later in the year with good discounts?

We don't need the tube this season but just looking towards next years fun and trying to cut the price of these toys.

Any suggestions/input?

Thanks

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Not sure how good the deals are, but I just got an email this morning from Overtons advertising sales on towable toys.

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@BigAbe75 , Thanks..I was just over on their site and didn't see anything that really jumped out at me as a great deal.

I've got time so I'm being pretty picky. We've bought a couple at Sam's Club and they were a good deal but the selection is very sporadic.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Overton's in the winter, on clearance. You can always find something at a steal. I have about 6 tubes hanging in my garage, all purchased at cut rate prices from amazon or overtons

smack

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
We’ve been running the sport stuff poparrazzi this year after our bandwagon died. Kids love it so far, found it open box on Amazon.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I always recommend whatever Costco is pushing. Sometimes it's a 3 person tube others a 4 person. They are usually in the stores by early April and sold out by June 1st. The prices rang from $200 to $220 and the last few years have come prebundled with an electric pump and appropriately sized tow rope.

Here is a pic of the one I got in late august from Costco online after getting store credit for the one I bought a few years prior (it failed on a Sunday, I returned it and ordered a new one on Monday, the new was was delivered on Thursday).

I have tried other tubes like the poparrazi, rounds, flats, wings, etc. but my crew and I lean towards tubes that have lots of cushion (space between our asses and the top of the water) on the bottom/seat and arm/back rests.

IMG_1819.JPG

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would not consider it a "primary towable" but I do love having this onboard among the others.
IMG_1567.JPG
The kids like it and with me on it the thing is akin to a land version something like this:
IMG_1569.JPG
It also stows very small, so no biggie having it stuffed away somewhere all the time and it blows up/deflates quickly. The one real challenge is getting back on the darn thing from in the water. I should ride it more. My abs might start to reappear and Suzanne Somers could ditch her ThighMaster!

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Thanks guys!! I'll keep looking for any deals. I think my kids have been asking for a "paparazzi" inflatable. They had one at our marine and then I went back the next week to get it and it was gone.

Sean

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Watch iboats.com
Picked up a really good deal a few years ago. Also just watch the forum here for the bargains and sales threads, people post when amazing deals appear.

not2fast

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We’ve been running the sport stuff poparrazzi this year after our bandwagon died. Kids love it so far, found it open box on Amazon.
I was thinking of the Bandwagon and found a deal on Poparrazzi. Which did you like better?

smack

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
We ran the bandwagon for 3 years, it was consistently the favorite. The paparazzi is good but harder for younger kids.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not a suggestion on towable; but if you're going to order from Overton's here's a tip to save some money.

-Set up an account on their site.
-Find what you want and put it in your basket.
-Close your browser and don't buy it
-Within the next few days they'll send you a coupon code for a discount on their site (YMMV).

This works on other sites too, and it's a good thing to try whenever you buy something from a big name retailer.

It also helps prevent me from impulse buying, not that any of us ever have that problem...

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The paparazzi tube is very big and heavy even deflated. It also takes a long time to inflate/deflate. I had a winged deck tube that fit behind the swim deck seat back storage and replaced it with a paparazzi when it bit the dust. I have put the paparazzi in the ski locker. The paparazzi is fun but must say the I liked the winged deck tube better.

When the paparazzi bites the dust I may have a flat deck tube built out of hypalon (white water raft material). No cover needed and very durable. The deck material could be stretched across it reducing wetted surface resistance and weight or flipped over for a sit it self bailing tube. The downside would be cost.

Anyone out there with access to a ultrasonic welder?

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@AboveTheBest ... Thanks! Thats a great idea. I did that once before, not intentionally, and yes they kept sending me coupon codes.. Great idea that I forgot to use... Thanks man!