• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking for basic seperation alert devise

keithgamble

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am looking for a devise to help me with this problem. My staff need to have a set of keys with them at work but they are constantly forgetting to return them at end of shift. The keys are to stay within 200 ft at all time. I would like a "tile" like devise that I can attach to the key ring, which would sound an alert when they leave a certain range. I dont need a gps finder app or anything with a monthly subscription. A simple transmitter/receiver system that beeps when the receiver gets out of range.

Anyone know of some simple devise that would achieve this?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tie something large to the keys, they won't want to carry them around any more than they have to.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You could have the staff "keeper of the keys" wear a shock collar. All you need to do is set up the invisible fence as a perimeter. They will learn quickly.
Another option is to get an old cell phone and attach it to the keys. Put an anchor watch app on the cell phone to sound an alarm if it leaves the perimeter. It is only as good as the battery charge.
After looking at perimeter and proximity alarms...I think the dog collar will get the best response.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score